𝟏𝟖 | 𝐀 𝐍𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝'𝐬 𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲

❝ 𝙿𝚎𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚠𝚑𝚢, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚆𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚢 𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚘𝚍, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚜𝚕𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚕𝚢 𝚍𝚒𝚜𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚑𝚎 𝚊𝚍𝚖𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚊𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚞𝚛𝚜�...

❝ 𝙿𝚎𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚠𝚑𝚢, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚆𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚢 𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚘𝚍, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚜𝚕𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚕𝚢 𝚍𝚒𝚜𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚑𝚎 𝚊𝚍𝚖𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚊𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚞𝚛𝚜𝚎𝚛𝚢 𝚠𝚒𝚗𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚎𝚎 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚗 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚜. ❞
- 𝐏𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐏𝐚𝐧, 𝐉.𝐌 𝐁𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐞.

─────────〔❨✧✧❩〕─────────

The next four days went quite fast.

Hyun-Su was sent on a mission every day. Sometimes, he and Hae-Rin had to bring tools from Grandpa Han's apartment, and sometimes they had to find more metal or wood. Each time, though, they were met with a different monster, and since Hae-Rin was trying to sleep and rest every time she could, she was starting to fight more and more.

One day, Hae-Rin had asked Yi-Kyung to start working out with her so that she could gain more energy and condition to run and fight.

Eun-Hyuk also started to add more stuff for the missions and one of them included a trap.

They were starting to put wires and ropes all over the floors so that when a monster came, they'd be able to hear it from the small bells on them. The two made the ropes and wires up to the fifth floor so far, and they were working their way to the sixth floor.

During these four days, Hae-Rin had stopped calling Seok-Hyeon's wife Mrs. Kim and started using her actual last name, An. She started calling her Ms. An, no longer feeling like she could use Seok-Hyeon's last name now that the man was actually turning into a monster and the woman was finally free. It felt wrong to use it, wrong to call her by the name of the man who abused her.

"Focus on breathing slowly." Yi-Kyung said. "Don't rush it."

Hae-Rin nodded.

It was the fifth day and they were in one of the empty rooms where Hae-Rin would sometimes catch Yi-Kyung workout.

It was their usual workout, and even though they started only three or so days ago, they've already established a rhythm that fit both of them. And Hae-Rin came to realise that working out with Yi-Kyung was quite fun, she was enjoying it.

"We are eating mochi after this." Hae-Rin grumbled.

"If there's any left." Replied Yi-Kyung.

Ah, right.

Eun-Hyuk had established the eating order, and most of the food was stacked away and residents took turns cooking it.

It was harder to steal food now, but Hae-Rin still managed to snatch some cookies or mochi whenever someone wasn't looking. Once she had them, she'd give a bit to Yi-Kyung - mochi - and a bit to Eun-Yoo and Hyun-Su- cookies.