Chapter 3

Mia, Jay and Hailey are back home now after the sad shocking surgery Mia had to have because of a rapist  basically.

Jay and will have been taking shifts off to help to stay with Mia all the time. Mia has been very scared to go near strangers other than family and friends.

Mia will be having her first therapy session with a therapist chosen by a woman who has been chosen by Dr. Charles.
__________________

"Ok you want me to go in with you for first session." Jay asks whilst him and Mia are sitting in his car.

Mia Halstead's two brothers; Jay and Will are overprotective brothers wanting their baby sister to be safe but they can't always save her.

"Mia?" Jay says looking at his sister in worry since she never answered his question.

"No I'll be fine Jay you've done so much I just want to get back to normal." Mia says then unbuckles her seatbelt to leave his car.

"If you're sure but know that I'm here if you need me. Everyday since the day you were born until the day I die I will be there for you wherever I am and where you are including Hailey will be the same as I am. " Jay tells her.

"I know that Jay you are not my brother Jay your my dad that I was lucky enough to grow up with since the day I was born, and Hailey is the mother I missed when my biological mother died and left us too soon but you gave me one I can have who lives me and protects me." Mia says.

"That's what we think about you baby girl, that we would never find but we're lucky enough" Jay says giving his sister a hug before Mia separated still uncomfortable to touch men even if it's her own family.

__________________

Jay Halstead watches his baby sister walk through the door and sees the door shut making him worry to know what she will be talking.

Mia goes in to the office and sits waiting for her name to be called.

"Mia Halstead." The office assistant says when she sees the therapist walk in to the office.

"Mia, nice to meet you let's go to my office the female therapist says to Mia and that's what she does.

"Take a seat in the comfy sofa and I'll sit on the chair get comfortable then when you're ready we can start to talk." The therapist says softly and kindly.

"So, how have you been feeling at home since the day? Take your time." The therapist said.

Mia sat thinking what to say and not wanting to cry. "I'm doing a little better I want to get back to normal but now I feel so different." Mia says.

"Mia that's what lots of people who have experienced it before just know it might take a while or it might not you've got me, your brother and sister in law and lots of friends." The therapist says.

" I want to see my best friend Ella again since she doesn't know the reason I've been off. I don't think I'm ready to go to school yet since school is..." Mia says.

"The place where it happened I understand well then why not take a step forward visit your friend then we can come back next week try and see if your ready for school then?" The therapist asks Mia

"Yeah thank you." Mia says.

Just then after Mia spoke it's time to stop when the bell went off meaning the appointment stopped.

"Let's go outside and I'm sure your brother will be there. Then that's what they did and Mia saw Jay who she smiled at which he hadn't seen after the problem a few weeks before.

Quickly before leaving Jay spine with the therapist who explained that Mia wants to see her friends again which is a good sign. Jay thanks her then gets goi g with his sister.
__________________

Jay and Mia got home to see Hailey  in the house with a smile on her face going and giving her baby sister in law a hug after Jay messaged her.

"Mia go to your room and rest me and Hailey needs to talk about work then we'll have take away tonight." Jay tells her and that's what she did.

When Mia shut her door Hailey and Jay started to chat privately.

"So it went well then wanting to see friends?" Hailey asked her husband.

"Yeah and I'm gonna talk to Kelly I know he's off today so Ella will be at home so it be perfect for the two girls to see each other but first.

__________________

"Mia come out of your room it's medical time." Hailey tells Mia.

"I hate these tablets can we hide them from Will." Mia asks.

"No, they're good for you you will be off them quick enough." Hailey says.

"Where's Jay?" Mia asked confused to see Jay nowhere to be seen.

"He got called in by Voight. Now here's your water." Hailey says sliding the water to help Mia to take her tablets.

"So you chose to stay with me in the apartment instead of go and save a life away from a person; murder, arsonist, shooting may I go on?"  Mia asks.

"He'll be back later so t worry now finish the water then you can pick a movie we can watch ok?" Hailey says and Mia does as she's told.

Something feels different in the house lately Jay and Hailey haven't been so excited all loving each other.

__________________

After the Halstead's had their dinner cooked by Jay, both him and Hailey after their marriage struggles  that they've been hiding had their faces smiling brightly at Nia knowing that they are going to surprise her with her best friend Ella Severide.

Just as Jay was about to explain the Halstead family overheard a knock on the door which Jay got up from the table and Hailey too but going to put the dishes in the dishwasher to be cleaned.

As Jay had left to go get the door Mia instantly could hear who was talking to her big brother Mia stayed sitting but listened closely. She could hear Kelly Severide who is Jay's best friend sister.

"Come on in Mia's at the kitchen and so is Hailey.

Mia Halstead has a few scars still but healing after fighting the teacher off of her, which shocked Ella the moment she sees her best friend in front of her.

"Mia, Kelly and Stella told me why you haven't  been at school I'm so sorry nobody deserves that to happen." Ella says then goes and hugs her best friend.

As the adults all stay in the kitchen the two teenagers leave and go and sit in the lounge on their own to chat away.

Only a few minutes after the teenage girls went in the lounge Hailey, Jay, Kelly and Stella all could here laughing coming from Mia and Ella and not stopping.

Jay Halstead hadn't heard that laugh for weeks and now it's gonna get worse if he makes the decision to go back to war to help people who can't help them self.

He knows Mia's got Will and Hailey and even Natalie on the phone.

__________________

Chapter 2: What do you think Mia is going to think when she finds out Jay is going back to War?

Tell me on the notes love from Livvy xxx