[ 01 ] familiar eyes

"This is stupid"

Noah stood beside Nico, her head placed against the wall as her fist knocked against the stone.

"We shouldn't be here" She mumbled again, slightly glancing over to the boy.

"We'll be gone in like half an hour, Noah. I just wanna check on Hazel" Nico said examining the building.

Noah groaned. She hated this place, everytime she came here she got the feeling that she had to leave. The feeling that if she stayed she would die, and she was always the type of person to trust her gut.

"Hey," Hazel's voice called from behind her. "I've brought a friend."

"Finally" Noah whispered before rolling against the stone to face the girl approaching.

Noah turned in time to see Hazel stopping in front of them.

The first thing Noah noticed was her hair, it was in a complete mess. Strands stuck out everywhere, and it was frizzed more then normal.

The second thing she noticed was Hazels skin, her soft dark skin now painted with dirt and tiny scratches.

The last thing Noah noticed was the boy standing by her side.

He was tall, maybe 6ft. He had dark black hair, though lighter then Noah's, which was also as messy as hazels, if not messier. His eyes where a familiar shade of green that matched the sea. The shadows under his eyes indicated that he probably hadn't had a goodnight sleep in days, maybe even weeks. Unlike Hazel, he didn't seem to have a scratch on him.

Noah, of course, knew why.

Every muscle in Noah's body froze. Her eyes stopped fluttering, her foot stopped tapping, and her hands stopped shaking.

Her skin, if possible, seemed to get paler, her dark-brown eyes went blank, and her jaw seemed to slightly drop.

Noah wanted to reach forward to make sure he wasn't a hallucination, but she decided against that in fear of seeming weird.

He was also looking at her, only with a puzzled look instead of shocked. His eyes bore into hers as if trying to get her to spill every piece of knowledge she's ever known. No one had ever dared to look at her that way.

"This is Percy Jackson," Hazel said. Snapping Noah out of her daze. "He's a good guy. Percy, this is my brother, the son of Pluto. And..."

Hazel lightly pointed towards Noah, a confused look on her face. It made sense that she didn't know her name, she had never told her.

"Noah" Noah told.

"And Noah" Hazel repeated towards Percy.

Nico regained his composure and held out his hand. "Pleased to meet you," he said. "I'm Nico di Angelo."

Percy and Nico shook hands. They studied each other warily.

There was a cold wind that brushed threw the group of teens and Hazel could have sworn she saw the shadows begin to crawl out of their hiding spots.

Percy scowled. "I-I know you."

Nico raised his eyebrows, glancing over at Noah. "Do you?" He then looked at Hazel for explanation.

Hazel hesitated. Her eyes drifted to Noah, who's eyes had not left Percy from the moment she saw him. Something about the interaction made her skin crawl and she wanted to run.