"Oh." Yunjin wasn't sure what to say to that. But she was touched that Eunchae said that. "It's okay, really. This is your house, Kai-shi. And I wouldn't do anything to disrespect you. I only want what's best for Eunchae."

"And I do appreciate that." He said, looking down at the coffee on the table. "I'm really sorry for everything. I should have been thanking you all this time because you've been taking care of my sister and my daughter since you moved here. You weren't obligated to, and I believed that you never had a real reason to stay here, but I realized now that you do. You stayed for them."

Yunjin smiled. "I did." Then she looked up at him. "I do care about them. And I'm sorry for not formally asking for your blessing when I wanted to be with Chaewon. But—" She took a breath. "I love your sister. She's everything to me and I'll do anything within my power to keep her safe. Including Eunchae."

He nods and then smiles at her. "I'm very thankful for that, Yunjin. I trust you." Then he leaned forward on the table, resting his elbows on the table. "I do all of this because I need to provide for them. I wish they could understand that. But since I won't be around again, can I trust you to stay here and take care of them for me?"

Her heart was beating hard in her chest, eyes a bit wide with his request. She immediately nodded. "Yes, of course."

"This is your home now, Yunjin. I want you to be a part of this family." Kai felt a bit shy after saying that. He looked away from Yunjin. "I'm sorry, I'm not used to this."

Yunjin gave a soft look and waved her hand. "That's fine. I completely understand." At least he was trying. It's not like everyone can warm up to him so soon, but for Yunjin it was enough that he's doing this.

Kai pursed his lips. Not entirely sure how to end this conversation. So he stood up, drank more from his coffee and placed it back down. He checked his phone and sighed. "I have to go, my ride to the airport is here."

She stood up as well. "You're not staying till New Years?"

He shook his head, looking a bit sad. "I wish. But we have a game by January, and I need to go back to my training." He placed a hand on her shoulder. "Thank you, Yunjin."

Yunjin bowed at him. "Thank you, as well."

She walked him towards the gate and waved him goodbye as his car drove off from their street. When she closed the gate, she saw Eunchae and Chaewon waiting for her by the entrance of the house and she smiled at the sight.

"Everything okay?" Chaewon asked, dusting off the snow from her head when Yunjin came through the door. "Did he say anything again?"

She shook her head and caressed Chaewon's cheek. "No, he didn't. We had a serious talk and we ended it right." Then she handed Chaewon the envelope he gave Yunjin along with Eunchae's passport. "He gave me this. Said to compensate for the ticket."

"Oh wow." Chaewon's eyes were wide when she checked the contents of the envelope. "I guess he's that sorry." Yunjin took a peak and was surprised to see a thick wad of American dollars inside. This really was the easiest way to apologize, but she knows what Kai did after was enough.

"Did he really say sorry to you?" Eunchae asked immediately and that made Yunjin chuckle, ruffling her bed hair with a hand.

"Yeah, he did. So you have to forgive him."

Eunchae pouted and eventually shrugged. "Okay, I guess I will." Then Chaewon nudged her and pointed at Yunjin, and Eunchae suddenly turned to look at her again. "Oh! Right, I almost forgot. Can we go somewhere today?"

Yunjin blinked but nodded anyway. "Of course, kiddo. Where do you want to go?"

"It's a surprise." Eunchae said happily and then ran upstairs. "I'm gonna go get ready. You should too!"