Distractions

Winter was finally ending and that meant it was a bit more bearable to stay outside of their house for longer. Yunjin decided to take Eunchae out to shop during that weekend for their trip to Korea. The teenager was excited to buy new clothes and a dress for the wedding and she was happier that Yunjin decided to come with.

It was better for Yunjin to come with her anyway since she knows what Seoul was like during the start of Spring. Then again, she thought about it and there really wasn't much of a difference between there and Japan. But who was she to miss out on quality time with Eunchae?

Chaewon wasn't with them since she was at the art studio again, her friends have been inviting her there more often and at this point, they should just ask Chaewon to join in with them. Yunjin knows the studio has programs where they teach classes and she thought it would be perfect if Chaewon can get back into the employment status again.

Kai seemed to be alright with the idea, he's been telling Chaewon that she was finally free to look for a job again if there are any offers for her. At least his new change of heart lifted a heavy load on the family and they were happy enough to indulge it.

At least Chaewon and Eunchae were slowly warming up to him again. But Chaeyoung didn't bother Yunjin to get them to like him again, they were being cautious, or angsty. She wasn't sure if there was a difference but she didn't want to push. In due time, she believes.

"Yunjin, does this look nice?" Eunchae asked, pulling out a dress she saw from the racks.

She looked at it, watching Eunchae drape it in front of her and waited for an answer. Yunjin smiled. "It looks great. The air will still be a bit chilly so we should also look for a new coat for you while we're at it."

Eunchae smiled and placed the dress over her arm. "Okay!" Then the teen ran over to the other racks to look for something else.

Yunjin followed behind her and scanned some of the clothes, thinking if she should go to the adults section and pick something nice for Chaewon. But she wasn't good at stuff like this, she only knew how to choose the specific things that Chaewon likes. So if it's something like clothes or perfume, Yunjin might fuck it up. If only Yeji was here to help. Or Wonyoung. They knew how to choose the best gifts.

After paying for the items Eunchae wanted to get, the two are now walking along the mall, passing by different stores, Eunchae occasionally checking out what we're on display while Yunjin leisurely walks beside her.

"Wanna get ice cream?" Yunjin asked, leaning sideways towards Eunchae and the teenager giggled and softly punched Yunjin's arm.

"I'm not a kid anymore." She puffed her chest and that made Yunjin chuckle. Then the teen softened her expression. "How about a drink? Like a shake or something."

Yunjin smiled and nodded her head, letting Eunchae lead her to wherever the girl wanted to buy the drink. But as they walked along the stores, something caught Yunjin's attention and couldn't help but stop to look at it.

The teen seemed to notice as well, walking beside Yunjin, and looking at the shiny band with the small rock sitting beautifully on top.

It was perfect. Silver seemed to look best on Chaewon. Though her girlfriend really wasn't the type to wear a lot of accessories. An occasional necklace but that's only when they had a date and Chaewon would immediately keep it once they got home, when they still had time to change before diving into sex.

But there was something about that ring that made Yunjin feel so drawn to it. Did she want to propose already? Isn't it too early? They weren't going to reach an anniversary yet until a couple of more months. But she couldn't shake the need to get it already.