Making Plans

They stayed there on the floor for a while. Yunjin let Chaewon cry more on her chest until her breathing was even.

"You okay?"

Chaewon nods, hands still gripping on Yunjin's blazer. "I have to check on Eunchae, though."

"Okay." Yunjin loosens her grip on her and helps Chaewon sit up. But the older one stops when she sees the discarded flowers on the floor and carefully picks them up.

"Did you buy flowers?" Her eyes lit up when she asked, scooting herself closer to Yunjin.

Yunjin couldn't help but smile, putting a hand on hers. "Yeah, I bought them for you."

She leaps into Yunjin and hugs her tightly around her neck. "I love them. Thank you." She pulls away and presses a long kiss on her cheek.

"I'm glad you do." Yunjin takes the flowers away from Chaewon and helps her stand up. "I'll place these in a vase or whatever I can find. You should go to Eunchae."

Chaewon hesitated at first, but eventually nodded and walked upstairs. Yunjin went outside the backyard to check if there were any empty vases or containers lying around.

She settled with a water bottle that was tall enough to fit the flowers in. So she cleans it up and fills it with water, carefully placing the flowers in so it won't fall. She looks at it and winces at how horrible the plastic bottle made the flowers look. Chaewon really was better at this.

She noticed that Chaewon was in the middle of prepping food for dinner. She seemed to know the recipe so far, so Yunjin decided that maybe she should help out. Maybe adding a bit of what she knows from Korea.

Yunjin checked the clock, and it's been an hour since the two were talking. But it gave her a good amount of time to fish out whatever she could find in the fridge and make something from home and then served the food on the table.

"Oh." Chaewon's voice was by the doorway. "Did you cook?"

"No, I had a bunch of people sneak in the house so they could cook all of this for us."

Chaewon glared at her, but she could hear Eunchae giggle from behind.

"I'm kidding." Yunjin says, beckoning them to sit down. "I did cook. I hope you don't mind."

Chaewon was surprised with how much she made. Also realizing that most of these dishes were Korean. "You know you could have asked me to make you something back from home if you missed it that much."

Yunjin waves a hand as they all sit down. "Nah, I think it would be more fitting if I made it." She wiggles a brow at Eunchae and then leans in. "I'm sure you'll like my cooking better than your aunt's."

That made Eunchae smile again, but Chaewon simply rolled her eyes at that. The teenager didn't hesitate to start filling herself with the food, and true enough, she really did like it.

"Your first time trying Korean food?"

Eunchae nods. "Yeah, well, something homemade that is. It's great. I like it."

Yunjin gives a shit-eating grin at Chaewon. "Told you."

"Sure, sure." Chaewon waves her off as she takes in a serving of her own. Her expression changed and looked up at Yunjin. "We need to ask you something—well, she does."

Yunjin swallows her food and nods. "Anything."

Eunchae and Chaewon shared a look, and the older beckoned her to speak. "I have a violin recital next month." She says, using her chopsticks to pick on her noodles. "Would it be okay if you come and attend?"