He walked in with his intimidating aura yet the usual ignorant attitude accompanying him. He looked at Aadhira, who was just standing in the corner with her hands folded to her chest. He strode towards her. "Tum thik ho Aadhira?"

"Nhi bhi hongi toh aapko koi farak pdega kya?" She said in her expected cold tone to Dev's dismay. Can't this girl answer me politely at least for once?- He thought to himself feeling a headache form between his forehead.

"Waise ab kaunse kand kiye aapne Mr. Rathore jo itne reporters ko aana pada?" She taunted him with a look of mockery clear on her face. Dev's annoyance was at its peak now yet he composed himself, making sure to not snap at her and give her a reason to achieve what she wanted.

"Jaisa tum smjh rhi ho waisa kuch nhi h, Ira" His voice for calm which made Aadhira contemplate the fact that was he the same Dev Singh Rathore, who would have scolded the life out of her for disrespecting him. His tone held the fatherly warmth that Aadhira was familiar with and that nickname was just an addition to it. She had craved it, she had craved for her Papa to just talk to her this way. Yet when it was here, it seemed so uninterested to her, like she never yearned for it.

Due to Aadhira's unresponsiveness, Dev continued," Aaj humari meeting her A.D. Enterprises ke saath. We are going to collaborate on a multibillion-dollar project. The reporters are here for the same" Aadhira was stunned was an understatement, she was shock stolen like a lightning bolt had felt on her.

"A.D. Enterprises?" Aadhira said it trying her best to hide the anxiety lacing her tone, she wanted to confirm what she heard. The question earned a frown from Dev although he nodded. He felt a little suspicious of Aadhira's behaviour but let it slide.

"Wo meeting aaj thi kya?" Aadhira muttered to herself, her gaze on the ground. Though it was a little voice however Dev heard it. "Did you know about this Aadhira?"

Aadhira immediately snapped out of her thoughts and said," Aapse mtlb" She snarled. 'He' had informed her about this meeting but she had said a blunt 'no' to face her family on this. He understood her and he refused to do the same. He wouldn't do anything that would hurt her ever.

He'll burn the world for her yet never let a flame touch her.

"Is Darsh Kapadia here?" Aadhira asked suddenly while Dev led her to the lift. Before he could press the button and open the Iris scan, his finger stopped midway."Why?" Dev turned towards her with a curt look on his face.

"Autograph lena h uska. Ab bta do" she mocked, with a scoff at the end. Dev didn't want to his already vexed mood he ignored the remark and nodded. Having a normal conversation with this girl seemed impossible- He internally groaned at his thought.

"I am going to the washroom" Aadhira announced before Dev stopped her, "Tumhe mere office ka raasta pta h?".
She shook her head, "Just ask the peon and go there and sit. I'll be there after the meeting." He said pointing his finger at her to make it more clear, "Wait for me".

Aadhira who was fed up with him trying to be authoritative with her, didn't even acknowledge the last sentence and walked away. "Aadhira I said something" Dev yelled.

"And I heard nothing" Aadhira yelled back.

Jab aap jaante h ki mai aapki nhi sunne wali so why do you even try? Itni bezzati ke baad toh koi bhi sudhar jaata h.- She thought to herself not wording it out to Dev.

-×-

Aadhira dialed Darsh's no. Waiting for him to pick up when she felt a hand on her waist, she was about to tell when the person covered her mouth as well.
"Chup krrr sherni! Marwayegi kya?"