Jisoo wrapped her arms around herself, feeling the cold seeping into her bones. Maybe that explained the subtle tremor, but fear held her back from acknowledging it.

Seungcheol keenly observed her shivering and the way she tightly hugged herself.

Without drawing explicit attention to it, he subtly adjusted the car's temperature, allowing warmth to envelop the interior.

It was as if he had done it casually, not wanting to make it obvious that he was taking notice of her discomfort.

The gesture, however, didn't escape her notice, and she felt a momentary relief as the car became a bit cozier, despite the tension between them.

The entire stretch of road lay in silence, neither of them uttering another word.

Jisoo found herself lost in her own thoughts, pondering what her father had done that compelled her to run away, in order to be safe and...alive.

Seungcheol's mind held fewer complexities, his curiosity primarily fixated on the enigma beside him. Though he only knew her name, he'd be lying to himself if he claimed she hadn't captured his attention.

Upon reaching the mansion, Jisoo reluctantly exited the car, her steps hesitant as she glanced around.

Meanwhile, Seungcheol strode towards the entrance, the jingling of his keys echoing in the quiet night.

Not hearing any footsteps behind him, he pivoted, furrowing his brows as he found her still standing beside the car, her fingers nervously fidgeting.

"Aren't you coming in? It's getting pretty cold out here," he said, capturing her attention.

She involuntarily sighed and took hesitant steps toward him.

Once he made sure she had caught up, he turned and walked toward the main door, opening it.

Pausing to the side, he locked gazes with her for a fleeting two seconds before gesturing for her to step inside.

He followed her in, the door closing with a soft click behind them, leaving the chilly night outside.

The mansion was truly majestic. Everything exuded opulence and refined taste, a symphony of gold and white tones echoing through the expansive space.

Every detail seemed to scream luxury, creating an aura that spoke of extravagance and sophistication.

He observed her, noting the lost expression on her face as she took in the beautiful details of the mansion.

Slipping his hands into his pockets, he smirked and strolled into the living room, prompting Jisoo to follow him with hesitant steps.

"You hungry?" he inquired.

She simply shook her head, though the truth was she had only had breakfast that day, and it was already night.

He sighed, retrieved his phone from his pocket, dialed a number, and brought the phone to his ear, waiting for the other end to answer.

"Hello! I'd like to order two pizzas," he spoke into the phone, while Jisoo looked at him.

Jisoo listened as he spoke on the phone, observing the casual yet elegant way his hand ran through his black hair from time to time.

His posture exuded confidence, and the smooth, refined cadence of his speech held her attention.

As he ended the call, his gaze shifted to her, and she instinctively averted her eyes, earning a low chuckle from Seungcheol.

He took steps closer to her, her fists clenched in nervousness, while his gaze remained fixed on her.

"Seems like every time I look your way, I catch you checking me out. What's that about, hmm?" he murmured, standing just inches away from her.

She met his eyes, raising her head defiantly. "That's not true," she spat.

Seungcheol chuckled lightly, his eyes drifting up and down her figure, examining every inch of her.

Taking another step closer to her, Jisoo instinctively took a step back, feeling the weight of his gaze like a tangible pressure.

He met her gaze through the subtle curtain of his dark lashes. His voice, a soft whisper, broke the silence. "You look so young...How old are you?"

She attempted to maintain her composure, but it was challenging, given that his aura practically screamed at her, creating an overwhelming pressure that made it difficult to stay unaffected.

"19," she responded, her tone clipped, as if reluctant to disclose more.

Avoiding direct eye contact, her eyes briefly wandered to the side, evading the intensity of his gaze.

He hummed in response, the sound carrying a hint of acknowledgment as he continued to study her, his gaze lingering on the guarded expression she wore.

"Are you in college?" he asked, curiosity evident in his tone.

She turned to meet him with a furrowed brow, irritation bubbling up. "Why do you even care? And why are you bombarding me with questions?" she snapped.

"Just curious," he replied shortly, the enigmatic glint in his eyes suggesting there might be more to his curiosity than he let on.

"Listen, I don't want to stay here. I'm sorry if I've created any discomfort for you. Just let me go to my friend's place and I'll tell my dad I spent the night there," she pleaded, her tone earnest.

He regarded her with a slightly raised eyebrow, considering her proposition.

Seungcheol looked at her for a brief moment, then casually put his hands in his pockets and responded shortly.

"No."

"No?" Her frustration boiled over, her voice escalating.

She scoffed, shaking her head. "What am I even doing, asking your permission? I can decide for myself," she declared defiantly, turning around to leave.

Yet, before she could take another step, a firm hand caught her wrist, bringing her abrupt departure to a halt.

Turning her around to meet her eyes, he brought her closer to him, her heart quickening its pace.

"You're not leaving my place," he spoke, his tone turning more serious and stern.

As he spoke, he tightened his grip on her wrist slightly, the proximity between them closing in.

Jisoo, feeling the firmness of his hold, shot back with defiance, "And who are you to dictate what I can or cannot do?"

"Enough with the stubbornness. I don't want you here either," he growled, a trace of irritation coloring his voice.

"Then let me go!" she almost shouted, her voice carrying a blend of frustration and desperation.

She began to wriggle in his grip, her attempts to free herself from his hold manifesting in small, determined movements.

Seungcheol let out an exasperated sigh, his frustration transforming into a simmering anger. Firmly, he grasped her other wrist, attempting to anchor her in place.

"Just fucking calm down!" he snapped, the intensity of his voice matching the escalating tension. "Leaving right now is too dangerous for you," he added with a stern edge, his eyes now reflecting anger rather than concern.

"How do you know, huh?" she retorted, her voice laden with defiance. Her eyes, locked onto his, challenged the assumption of danger. "You don't get to decide what's too dangerous for me."

"Yeah? What if there's a man out there who wants to take you as his personal slave? Or, even worse, to sell you?" he shouted at her, his words crashing into her like a sudden storm, freezing her in place.

"Tell me, would you want to be reduced to nothing more than a body, passed around to anyone willing to pay to fuck you?"

Her eyes widened, lips quivering in response. 

"S-Sell me?"

。・:*˚:✧。

to be continued...