Alejandro b. & heather K. | two different realities

Our Beloved Summer Inspo.

Note: I posted this on AO3 first so yeah and I haven't rewrote it / update it so it's kinda trash and this was written LONG ago

Word count 1.1k

Two different realities
-
It was no shock to anyone who knew Heather that she was a cold person. But no one cares to ask why she is the person she has become.

Heather didn't have much of a choice. She didn't feel safe in her own house. As the middle child in her family, she was victimized and even bullied by those who shared the same blood as her. Living in a household where she had to keep her guard up 24/7 shaped Heather in the worst way possible.

Ironically, with the fact that she wasn't allowed to show vulnerability around those who were supposed to love her unconditionally, regardless of what, whether it was flaws or failures.

This cycle stayed with her for the longest time. She didn't want anyone to view her as a weak person. That is why she had closed herself off for so long. Heather had a goal - to be popular and prove everyone wrong. That is why she signed up for Total Drama.

Her only objective is to win and only win. The money would prove to everyone that she is worth it.

When she arrived at the island, she never bothered to make any friends - it wasn't on her agenda. They come and go, so what is the point? Well, except when she needs to make alliances.

This made the cast members despise Heather - her unattractive personality was enough to keep everyone away from her. How could they not? She had used everyone to her advantage to keep her further in the game. It never really bothered her since her eyes were on the prize money.

It was going so well she could feel the texture of the cash. She had thought she was going to win. But no, she had her head shaved off unfairly. Due to Chris and his unlogical rules, Heather was officially eliminated, with most of her hair shaved off.

She wanted to cry, scream, and do anything to release the anger she had built inside through the whole season. Alas, she couldn't. Heather could only zone off into space as she sat on her bed. She was humiliated on national television - she thought of the names people would come up with, but she didn't care enough to be hurt by them. The only thing she was afraid of was how people would perceive her after watching her break down in front of Harold.

Two seasons. She was in two seasons of Total Drama, and she had lost in both. Action wasn't the best season for her as she was eliminated early compared to Island. Was the million worth it? Chris had announced his third season to the cast members - a world tour. Heather swore that this would be her chance to finally prove her worth and that this nightmare would finally be over.

She was so confident, so sure that World Tour was her season. That was until she met Alejandro. The only person who can compete with her. The only person who has shown romantic feelings toward her. Heather couldn't fall for him - there were plenty of reasons. Such as him getting in the way and the fact that he will only break her heart. Both she could not afford.

That was until the last episode. The Spaniard in front of the Asian girl, confessing his genuine feelings towards her. Heather felt many emotions at that moment. But the prize money was waiting for one of them to claim it. So she did what her guts were telling her to do, so she kicked the boy in the groin - she was high on the thrill of happiness and relief to care about the Spaniard.

As if the universe was against her, the money didn't last for five minutes. It fell into the volcano with a feral Ezekiel.

All of her efforts had fallen down the volcano, Heather was getting sick and tired. She lost the money and the only boy who could see right past her icy facade on the same day. The love he had given and shown her was different compared to what she experienced back home.

The two had endured things that most couples probably didn't go through because of the reality TV show. After All Stars, they decided to go out romantically as there wasn't a competition or prize to stop them.

Alejandro was everything that Heather needed. He was able to deal with someone as cold as her. He was the fire to her iciness.

-

Here they are, in the middle of their apartment. "Why do we have to break up?" Alejandro asked, staring at the love of his life, who stared at him with a slight glare - as if she was asserting some sort of dominance.

The two kept their distance from each other, even though all Alejandro wanted to do was to hold her.

Heather hates to admit it, but Alejandro is the only person who can help her escape from reality. But despite that, Heather could never let her guard down, even if she was with Alejandro. She was taught many things, but she was never taught to be in touch with her feelings or any vulnerability to herself.

Being with Alejandro was the best thing that could happen to her, but something inside her screamed, what did you do to deserve him? You're incapable of showing the same love he has shown you. The voice has been taunting her throughout their relationship, and it has now affected them both.

"You..." The woman hesitated, her voice stern but her eyes betraying her facade. She could feel the tears forming, but she wouldn't dare to cry, certainly not in front of him. "You're the only thing I can throw away." She lied.

This had left Alejandro startled, he couldn't believe what he had heard. He was left frozen as Heather made her way out of the apartment.

The truth is, she was afraid that he would eventually notice her inferiority complex. The more she tries to forget her past and move on, the more she becomes trapped in it.

This new feeling was new to Heather, she was weak for it. Even if she is an adult, she is still the same little girl who wasn't allowed to show vulnerability and wasn't shown any love.

Her life has always been that way, always having to keep her guard up and never letting people know the real Heather.

-

A/N
Wow Our beloved summer inspo, the dialogue and plot was all from that kdrama lol. I tried keeping Heather in character, but I needed her to suit the dialogue more so that's what i did. How do we feel 😭