46. Magasin De Costume... We Meet Again

Start from the beginning

He had chosen a suit that was a darker blue, standing out from the 3 bland black suits brought to me by Alex, Joan, and Christian. Sure, it was still boring, but at least it wasn't black. I made a note to thank Brad for attempting to understand my very different color palette.

Joan and Alex had selected some nice complimentary ties however. I didn't even bother with trying on the suit Christian selected because it was as standard as suits came. Just boring boring boring.

The first one I tried on and sent a picture to John, was Joan's. I loved the purple tie she selected with her suit, but I kind of wished it was a bowtie instead. Once I stepped out of the fitting room to show the group, Joan and Alex were sitting patiently while Christian and Brad stood behind them. They all looked so cute chatting with their partners, and whatever they were talking about had to be engaging because they almost didn't notice me.

"That's it! That's for sure a winner. You don't even have to try on anything else." Joan clapped her hands in excitement once she caught sight of her work.

"Absolutely not. Derek, my selection was the most refined. Go throw it on so I can show these amateurs what it truly means to select a suit." Brad's arms were folded across his chest as he spoke, only adding to the sass. I gave the group a chuckle, before making it back to the fitting room. Luckily there was barely anyone here at Magasin De Costume, and though I absolutely didn't have the funds to be spending on a whole new suit, John was insistent that I buy something nice. So much so that he called the store ahead of time to work out the price.

I knew he wouldn't accept it, but I was going to find a way to pay him back for this. The price tags almost made me keel over and die the first time Christian brought us here, so there was no way I was letting John pay.

The second suit I tried was Alex's, which was also pretty boring but he selected a bright red bowtie which I liked. It kinda reminded me of a penguin since the suit and undershirt were black and white. It also got some good reception from the group once I stepped out, but it still was only just... meh. It definitely wasn't me.

I managed to send the photos to John, but judging by the messages still saying delivered, I assumed John was probably off doing some work related stuff. I was hoping I'd get to hear his thoughts in real time while I was here, but I did my best to be understanding. I'm sure John's Tuesday afternoon was even more stressful with Herold as restless as he was. I hadn't seen him in person since Saturday, but the brief call I had with John Sunday revealed the hell Herold was putting him through.

Let's just say that cat was not used to being bedridden for so long.

As soon as I got my selection on, I couldn't stop the smile that spread across my face whan I caught a glimpse of my reflection in the fitting room mirror. The suit fit perfectly, so perfect that I still took a picture and sent it to John, even though I knew for a fact that I couldn't get this one. Everyone sitting right outside the fitting room would absolutely not approve, regardless of how fucking dapper I looked and felt right now. It was such a hard no, I didn't even bother showing the guys.

Instead, I slipped the suit back off, and put on Brad's. And in his defense, he had done well. I popped out a moment later to immediate praise from Brad himself.

"Now this is what the hell I'm talking about." Brad nodded to himself, before signalling for me to turn. He had paired the suit with a light pink tie that actually complimented the dark blue great. Brad may have been on a cleanse, but he sure as hell didn't lose his touch.

"Fuck, you're right." Joan grumbled, clearly taking some offense to her suit not winning out.

"I think this is the one." Alex agreed, but Christian cut in.