30. I Agree With This Line Of Questioning. I'm Intrigued

Two uploads today because I love you guys
Getting back to comments and hopefully messages on my board today as well!
I needed to take some time to regroup, and tweak a bit of the upcoming chapters, but we're back at it babyyy
Enjoy!
xoxo

John

I had to be losing my marbles

Because Sunday was possibly the least productive day I've had in a while. And that was the complete opposite of what I had planned for the day. Another unexpected thing was the call I received half way through it.

"Pierre. Just call the fucking bank for that one, your name is on the account too."

"This one had a password protection on it for whenever we called, and I can't remember what that was. I told you to write it down-"

"And I probably didn't." I snapped on the call, glancing at the comics I was currently in the middle of trying to read before Don rang me in less than half an hour. "Why are you bothering me with this on a Sunday? I told you business inquiries are done through business hours."

As soon as I said that, I almost laughed. To Pierre, business hours were twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. This call probably made the most sense to him.

"Ouch," Pierre replied. "I didn't think we'd ever get here during this split."

"You've been harassing me with phone calls. Showing up at my office unannounced," I shot back. "The next stage in this split will be a restraining order, I'm sure Don has made you aware of that already."

Pierre chuckled dryly. "I thought he was joking."

"He wasn't." I clarified.

The line went quiet for a while. I honestly thought he might've hung up, but I didn't hear that familiar three beeps when a call ends, so unfortunately that wasn't the case.

"You're seeing someone new then?"

Ah.

There is was.

"Pierre," my next few words were more biting than I was used to replying with when it came to him, "I could be in a long term committed relationship with a north shoreline pebble, and I promise you, it would still have absolutely the fuck nothing to do with you. We've been broken up for almost a year now, this is ridiculous."

"I haven't seen anyone since you."

"Yeah and I'm sure your dick hates you for that."

Yet another silence occupied the line, before Pierre finally said "I'm willing to change. I'd be better for you this time."

This time, the next pause was one of my own accord. "I changed to be better for you. Now I'm learning who I was before that, and who I could've been had you not happened. I needed that flexibility from you fucking years ago, I don't need it now."