19• Mirthful Memorabilia

Mirthful: full of happiness. A sight of pure joy, love and peace. A memory of glowing glory and a horizon of a yellow haze.

The horizon is now darkened and my sight is blurred. I rub my eyes sleepily, my neck cramping from the airplane seat.

I sit up from my slumped position and look over to dream on my left to find him already staring at me.

His forest filled, green haze succumbs me as the tension rises between our conjoined knees. The loss of space in the plane isn't making it any easier to overcome my irrational desire to melt into his touch once more.

I distract myself with the view of the floor, feeling his eyes scrape at my face, etching deeper and deeper until he is under my skin. I'm wrapped around his finger; he knows it too.

'How much longer till we land?'

My words are whispers of nothingness amongst the silence that has dispersed in the cabin, the darkened nightfall emanating sleepiness into the people around us, creating a relaxed and peaceful atmosphere.

'We are nearly there George, like a little over half an hour.'

'I still don't know why you think going back to Florida is a good idea. They're probably searching all over for you dream.'

'It's okay, I know where we are going to go.'

'Oh yeah? Where's that?'

I say this finally locking my eyes into place with his. His glare shines sunlight through me like a summers day in a woodland.

'Sapnap and Karl's house.'

'Oh.'

He's dismantled at my reply, though, his eyes keep on racing back to mine every-time I look away. Silence passes in a wave and suddenly we are looking at each-other again as I start talking.

'So you really flew all the way to the United Kingdom, just to fly right back in a matter of hours?'

He thinks for a second. It seems like all our conversations have turned into is short sentences and long breath-ways. Avoided eye-contact and fumbling words.

'Yeah...I guess you could put it that way.'

He gifts a small smile. The same smile he used to give me back then. The same butterflies I once before enervated start to bloom again, their cocoons breaking apart the longer we hold eye contact.

''Well you had two tickets booked for a return, so it's almost as if you knew I was going to come back with you.'

'I didn't know..I was hopeful though. I just want to keep you safe incase they come to you, looking for my whereabouts.'

'But how do you know they won't go looking for Karl or sapnap?'

'They don't know where they're staying. For all I know, they're still dating and live together. I wasn't allowed to speak to them either seeing as they're dating.'

There's a slight pause again as the words sink into my skin. It's still unbelievable to me that we are both sat here, talking again. Together; again.

'But dream,' I catch his gaze again as I speak his name, 'Why didn't you go to them first, before me? Wouldn't of that been easier?'

He eyes the floor, picking at the skin that edges around his fingernails. Nerves erupting and spilling out everywhere.

'I just...wanted to see you; George.'

'Oh.'

I'm lost for words, unable to continue just in case all my thoughts slip out my mouth at once. But I bite my lip and let the silence scratch at my brain. My heart is bleeding; begging to speak. But my mind shuts it off. Love can't always lead the way.