10• Sunlight smiles

(George POV?)

There's half an hour left of the drive and I feel as if my lungs are going to burn up. My throat as if it is layered with claw marks and my chest; it hurts whenever I breathe — we have been screaming songs for the past 2 hours.

Baltic air rushes through the small gap in the slightly open window, it sends a trail of adrenaline spilling down my throat as we both fall silent, stealing the two second break before another song starts playing. I tap Dream phone, it sits in my lap like a blanket spread across my legs:

» [*People watching - Conan Gray*] «
0:15 ─〇────2:38
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

Frowning in confusion, i realise I've never heard Dream play this song. It thunders through the speakers, as Dream drums his thumbs on the steering wheel. I've never heard this song before.

That wasn't funny but she laughed so hard, she almost cried, They're counting months they've been together, almost 49

Focused on the lyrics, I can almost hear dreams raspy voice singing over the top of the actual song. Like breaking out of jail, a smile threatens to fall upon my lips, my cheeks already a rosy colour i pressurise my mouth to try and keep a straight face.

His voice so beautiful, so harmonised: I wonder what other songs he listens to; because I was definitely not expecting this. One ear focused on Dream, the other one...actually...focused on him as-well.

A sigh slips slightly through my lips as I admit defeat and take a quick glance at dream, the cold winters sun breaking through the misty clouds and bolting into his eyes but no care seems to echo around as he sings along with the song. His features catches me in a stare, it wraps me in a net and holds him in my eye line — I don't do anything to break out from it.

He's making fun of how she acted 'round the holidays, she wears a ring but they tell people that they're not engaged

Just by watching his lips fold over the words, I can tell the power and emotion he holds with this song. It's magical.

They met in class for metaphysical philosophy
He tells his friends, "I like her 'cause she's so much smarter than me"
They're having talks about their futures until 4:00 a.m... and I'm happy for them

I love hearing his voice, I love the way he blends into the song like water mixed with salt — knowing his voice is there but it doesn't seem like it.

Eyes focused on the road, I hope he doesn't notice me as my eyes bore into his smile, like a mirror my lips curl into a vermilion grin. It's like he is transferring his happiness onto me with just a look, I love it. My trance spirals as laughs escape his closed teeth. Like a glowing light, Dreams satisfaction overflows and presses up against the brightness of the car.

I feel myself heat up as his voice breaks through the volume of the speakers, it leaves the actual song in the quiet corners of the car. I thought I'd seen it all from him, but obviously not. The sun beams down on the nest of dirty blonde hair like an angle sent from heaven, making him look even more attractive than before.

Slowing the car down at a red light, he turns to me, crashing waves suffocate me in the colours of his dilating pupils. I breathe the water in as his hands reach out to cup my face, his voice getting drowned out by the song as adrenaline outweighs the blood running through my body.

My eyes enlighten as Dream slowly swelters the gap in between us, he quietens to a whisper that brushes against my ears. The song slows, lyrics still pounding around my head — he's nodding his head to the beat, words flowing out his mouth. God his mouth, that's all I'm focused on, his lips curl over the words, every syllable, every letter, I focus on the way his tongue rolls over the shape and sound of the word. I have to physically force myself to stay put and not push into him until our hot breaths hit and the colours of our lips swirl together to make a new shade of pink.

"But I wanna feel all that love and emotion,
Be that attached to the person I'm holding,
Someday, I'll be falling without caution—"

I'm giving up, refusing to hold myself as a prisoner.

"But for now I'm only...people watching."

I cut in and finish the lyrics, my eyes flutter shut as I lunge forward into his presence, a hand slides up to his jaw, my fingers curl around his facial structure. Our lips moulding into each others as his fingers trail my face, one hand placed around the back of my head Dream pulls me in further.

I fall down a Deep pothole. Words swell my brain, my head getting bigger and bigger and bigger.

A thousand thoughts at once, how am I going to say goodbye is 900 of them.

***
(Dreams POV)

The silence disperses around us like a misty cloud on a winters morning. It beats at my skin, my throat becoming sandlike as I don't take any chances to cut through the thick tension.

Like a hovering ghost, the feel of his lips loom on mine as I try and pull my attention to the road, spotting the correct turning a few metres ahead.

My eyes keep dragging themselves to him, sitting there, silently, almost as if he is regretting it. I hope not. But this silence is screaming in my ear; drowning me in shock.

Skimming my hands over the steering wheel, I slow the car to a complete stop in a space not too far from the ice cream parlour.

Our eyes meet, the two colours crashing together alike many times before. I yank at the chains and pull myself away from his gaze. A sheet of pink spread across my face; a smile sliding onto my rosy cheeks as I try bite it back.

My eyes wonder, finding themselves back in the grasps of warm browns. His head tilted to the side, sunlight curved onto his lips, his smile pumping my heart like I'm on life support. He looks adorable.

"I'll go pay for parking then."

His smile muffled his words, he knows what he's doing to me.

The door swings open as my eyes stab into his back, watching him walk away. The cold winter air engulfing him into a icy hug.

I pull my phone from his seat, swipe up and open up onto Spotify. Clicking on the song we just listened to, it brings back the memories like they happened years ago, sunlight strobes blind me as I go to add it to one of my playlists.

I look through the options and finally choose one. But it's not one of my playlists, it's going to be his.

Typing on my phone, the one song gets added to a playlist that reminds me of umber browns and warm smiles.

His persona like a rising sun as he lights up the room, like a nightlight in a world of cruelty, he lights a match and en flames the spark that once was drowned in water.

Playlist 5: 'George<3'

***

Authors note😵‍💫

I HAVE BEEN SO BUSY THIS WEEK I AM SO SORRY I HAVENT POSTED IN AGES<33

This is a short chapter and it WILL carry on in chapter 11!!!! I just wanted to post this because I felt bad for not posting:D

Hope you all are having a good Christmas so far!!! <3

How many Playlists do you guys have bc I have 6 and then one big one where all my songs are mushed together, it's 14 hours tho😶.

- :]