8• Probably perfect

(Sapnaps POV)

Me and Karl are huddled together, clawing at any warmth left in our bodies. Fallen rain soaks into the ground around us as we wait for dream to emerge from the entrance of the pit. He's been gone a while now, leaving me and Karl freezing to death and wanting to go home.

"Im actually going to die of hypothermia."

Karl's voice stutters beside me. His lip turning a dark shade of blue from the blistering wind. I nod at his response as my eyes dart around the pit entrance to catch onto any signs of life that dream may take on. Unfortunately, nothing but a cloud of darkness looms there, no dream (or George) in sight.

The wind bites at my skin sharply as it swipes at my reddening cheeks. I'm certain my nose has already faded into a rosy colour from how long we spend out in the open of dropping temperatures. Karl shifts closer to me to capture the last trail of warmth that could be hiding somewhere. He leans his head on my shoulder, the same way he did at the hospital when we first met. Carefully, I wrap my arm around his shoulder, pulling his head into my chest. A familiar feeling of de ja vu slips through my fingertips.

"I'm gonna go find him, I'll be right back okay? Are you going to be alright here alone?"

Words tumble out my mouth as my arms slides off of Karl when he pulls away. He offers a warm smile and a nod in reply. Naturally, my gaze falls to his lips. My glare doesn't seem to move until Karl's voice splits through my stare.

"I'll be okay but be quick or I'll be an ice-cube when you get back!"

Soft giggles fill the air, his light brown locks bouncing up and down with every movement that passes through him. I look down at the floor out of embarrassment as I realise how long I've been staring at him. A smile crawls onto my shivering lips at the sound of his cheerful laugh.

I bite my bottom lip and turn away, making my way towards where dream last dispersed to. I'm engulfed in flames of darkness as there are no lights here to illuminate my surroundings.

I pull out my phone and switch on my touch. With the help of the dim-lit moon I navigate my steps. At this time of night, the pit is deserted. The air swarming at my feet is laced with an isolating feeling. The tar-black sky mirrors my pitch black surroundings as I continue searching for dream.

My footsteps shuffle into a slow stop as my light outlines two figures that stand out like a sore thumb against the inky sky. The two people are leant against a bright blue ford. The number '440' spray painted over the passengers door in a different shade of blue. This is Georges car?

That means that the two figures are dream and George.

Their bodies are tangled into each others, suffocating the air between them. Both their heads are burrowed into the others shoulders as they huddle together. George is placed on dreams lap, him leaning against the drivers door of George's car.

With the right amount of light that beams off the floor I stand there staring. For no reason whatsoever other then to capture this moment.

Their hands are intertwined and tied together in a flame of warmth.

My thoughts get distracted until I remember Karl is still waiting, alone, for me to come back with dream so we can finally go home.

It almost feels like crime to disturb such beautiful silence. Waiting not much longer, i ease the tension off my shoulders and clear my throat.

"Hey uhm..dream? George? Are you guys okay? We need to get home."

***
(Dreams pov)

I am swindled in his smell, so vibrant and strong yet calming and sweet. I breathe his scent in, savouring this moment down to the last second. Silence soaks into my skin, the last remains of past warmth gets crushed into dust and carried away with the sharp wind, leaving us stranded in the target of blistering temperatures.