𝒙𝒙. hushed birthday confessions

ابدأ من البداية

extending his palm to her he said, "you can warm it up for me." sang yue looked at him for a moment and said "i don't think it's appropriate to do that" even though she did wanted to hold his hands. sang yue wanted to see what kind of commented he had in store since she refused it. "you're right. afterall, we haven't put a lable on it" she choked on her tea. lable?! she thought. honestly what he was thinking in that moment was beyond her. she reached into her purse and handed him a pack of tissue. "wipe your hands" she explained. duan jiaxu is startled at her. wordlessly jiaxu tears open the packet of tissue and takes her drink. he wrapes her cup in one tissue so it won't be too cold for her to hold and hands it back to her. the movie starts, the music in background stops all her words.

               𝐁𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 the movie ends it's already dinner time. the two get out of the theater. "yùtù" "jiaxu gē" the say simultaneously. "you go first" again saying simultaneously as sang yue let's out chuckle and says. "i was just gonna ask what are we gonna do next" she says. "let's go. . to my place" he says as sang yue stops in her tracks. "my gift for you is at my place" he says sensing her hesitation. "and then, we can eat some cake together" he adds. sang yue licks her lips, tasing her peach chapstick that mostly dried out. "uhh . . jiaxu gē do want me to go to your place?" she asks politely. "ah huh" he scoffs as if saying it's the most obvious thing in the world. "didn't you told me before to not visit your place or office before?" she puckers lips out a bit.

"when did i said something like that?" he asks, bewildered. "that time when i bought you the peephole camera. you pulled me to side and told me not to visit you at your place or office again" she answered fiddling with the ends of her hairs. "ahh that time? it's like this jiang ying suddenly came into my office and i was afraid she might hurt you if she saw you that's why. but it's true, i was too hasty that day. i may not have made myself clear" he explained. sang yue doesn't answer but just look down as her shoes. "so that's why you've been upset lately?" he asks examining her face for any signs of upset or discomfort. sang yue turned away from him. "you're making it sound like i am a petty person" she said. "no, it's my fault" sang yue turned to him. "i should've explained it to you clearly. let me apologise to you" jiaxu bowed his head. "i guess i was being a little petty. i should apologise too. i am sorry" she smiled. "now that the misunderstanding is solved should we go eat the cake?" he asked. "let's go" she skipped ahead as jiaxu caught up to her.

sang yue entered his house closing the door behind her. she spotted a pair of pink female slippers that were her size. "i prepared these for you" he explained. "they're pretty nice" she commented. just as she was about to change into them he took it from her "don't change into them yet. you haven't seen the rooftop right?" he commented. "let's check it out" he said as sang yue went to the rooftop. she saw he had decorated it, with a dinner table in the middle with two cakes and chairs around it. fairy lights around the rooftop and a bright banner that read 'happy birthday.' "why are there two cakes" she beamed at him. "i made one of them. it doesn't contain dairy so you can eat it" he announced proudly. sang yue pointed to one of them which had chocolate ganache but a bit all over the place while the other had properly spreaded over it. "it's this one right?" she asked pointing to the one which was bit poorly decorated.

"is it obvious?" he laughed. "why did you bought the other one?" sang yue asked. "i was afraid mine would turn out bad so i bought you another one in which yiu can stick your candles in" her heart melting at his words. "i'll stick the candles in this" she said pointing to the cake he made. jiaxu took the packet of candles asking how many candles she wanted. "one is enough─" jiaxu cut off her sentence. "no" he leaned down saying "you should know your age young lady." sang yue squinted at the male who smirked. "jiaxu gē if we have know our age then. i then i don't think there will be enough for you" she teased. jiaxu smiled at the younger. "you have to mock my age everyday" he scoffed as sang yue took a few candles out of his hands and placed it on the cake. sang yue shamelessly stared at him while he lit the candles, the orange glow casting on their faces.