𝒗𝒊𝒊. lunar new year

❝ ──chapter seven, 
lunar new year. ❞

 ❞         

             𝐄𝐀𝐂𝐇 𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐊 𝐉𝐈𝐀𝐗𝐔 came to tutor sang zhi on the same day. sang yue always looked forward to that day. she prepared for her gaokao exams simultaneously. being cooped up studying for hours and hours became a normal thing for her. she'd only come out when needed for food or whenever jiaxu came. however only for a breif moment before locking herself in her room again. to say sang yan was worried for his sister was an understatement. he was beyond worried. always encouraging her to take breaks for atleast an hour or encouraging her to eat more.

it did not went unnoticed by sang yue. she did tried to take less but longer breaks. soon it was chinese new year. sang yue decided that she won't study that day. afterall even her body needed break. she went down to see her mother preparing for the day as sang yan mopped. "māmā" she said handing out the earring to her mother. sang yue tried to wear it herself but was unsuccessful hence she turned to her mother for help.

every tried to invite jiaxu to stay. but when he declined politely no one forced the guy. "how many have i told you to keep wearing earrings?" li ping nagged at her daughter. "see the piercings are almost extinguished!" li ping said when done. sang yue just shrugged before going to annoy her brother.

"stop mopping already. wash the rag and wipe the table" li ping ordered her son. "yueyue help me clear the table" she then turned to sang yue who nodded and accepted the work. she immediately went to clean the table before hitting her brother on his arm for fun. she received a text and smiled while texting on her phone. "what now you too got an online boyfriend?" jiaxu asked teasingly to sang yue.

"no. it's liu mei, my friend" she said briefly turning the phone to him before texting again. "if you do your phone's gonna be confiscated" he said teasing her further. "i don't have an online boyfriend. come on if sang yan gē hears us he'll cause hell on luan new years eve" she joked.

unbeknownst to the two the youngest sang was hearing their conversation behind wall, her heart burning with jealousy. sang yue was pretty tall. she stood at 5'6 feet. she sneaked up behind jiaxu, tip toeing to mess up his hairs before running back to her back.

             "𝐙𝐇𝐈𝐙𝐇𝐈 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓'𝐒 𝐄𝐍𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇" sang yue muttered. the family gathered to celebrate the new year at the eveing. "happy new year" sang rong announced as everyone toasted their glasses, sang zhi with her bottle of juice. "happy new year!" everyone chorused. "the most exciting part is yet to come" sang rong said as he brought out the red packets. he passed one to li ping who said surprised, "do i get one too? perfect. "

the sang siblings shared a look. mouthing to each other three, two one before standing up simultaneously. "happy new year! bābā, māmā. may your wishes come true! stay healthy─" they stopped when sang yan messed up. "be happy comes first" sang yue said. "no it's stay healthy" he argued. "it's be happy!" sang zhi exclaimed. "fine" he gave in. they continued.