𝒙𝒙. hushed birthday confessions

Start from the beginning

the two boared the bus to downtown yihe. jiaxu just pulls her to stand infront of him. around them are people, she couldn't find a support. sang yue couldn't help but blurt "i have nothing to hold to support me." duan jiaxu looks at her and just gives her the hold that he was holding onto "just hold this." sang yue extends her hand and holds it. she looks at him "what about you? jiaxu laughs "it's a bit tall, felt it's too tiring to hold" he lazily says making sang yue shake her head. in a next moment, he shifts his body and holds her wrist "it's easier to hold this" he says. sang yue stands still and roll her eyes at him. it's obvious that his action is exceptionally shameless "how could it take so much energy to hold that?" she scoffed. "it's really strenuous." jiaxuu smiles and says "jf not you could hold it and try?" sang yue feels unnatural, she extends her hand to hold the crossbar. "you have the face to compare your height with me?" she scoffs. yet she doesn't let his hand go. she couldn't help to peek at his hand. she examines his long fingers, it holds her wrist. it's a warm contact, she couldn't ignore it.

"it's ridiculous, why was the movie in theaters for such a short time" she complained. since the movie was not running in the nearby theater they had to go to downtown yihe for it. "it's because you were too busy" he teased. "are you blaming me?" sang yue scoffed. "no. this is better. the theater in downtown has bigger screens and better acoustics" he answered. "and it's your birthday. that makes it more meaningful" he added as sang yue nodded. the bus came to a halt as he took her hand off the handgrip and shielded her body from his as few of the passengers got down. her head hangs head low as she starts to chew her lips subconsciously. jiaxu is looking forward, yet actually he is watching her from the corner of his eyes. jiaxu just watches her silently, and smiles from time to time.

               "𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐖𝐀𝐍𝐓 𝐀 drink again don't you?" jiaxu scoffed. "you're not having it anyway" she bite backed. "do you want to break into fits of cough again like an old woman?" he teased. "jokes on you i have my medicines with me" she teased back. "hello" the worker greeted them as sang yue racked through the menu as she heard jiaxu make some conversations. she butted in when she heard him talk about the employee from last time, for a possible complaint. the people pleaser and girl's girl sang yue is, she didn't allowed it to happen as she meddled in and gave her order. "i want a lemon tea with boba" she orders. "hot or cold?" the barista asked. "cold" sang yue smiled but jiaxu meddled in saying "hot." "it's too cold for cold beverages" he told her. jiaxu seemingly had forgotten who he was talking to be it was sang yue. she may not be the first child but she's the first daughter meaning she is spoiled, not exactly a spoiled a spoilt brat, but the word no did not exist in her vocabulary.

"i want it iced" she told the barista, who agreed. "it'll be stuffy in the theater" she rolled her eyes at jiaxu. sang yue said "mind your own business" when jiaxu told her not drink it too much since the air conditioning will be strong. "do you find me annoying?" he teased. "no" she denied innocently. "isn't that whar you meant?" he teased with a solemn face. "no" she repeated puckering her lips. "you should get used to it" he commented as sang yue poked a hole through the lid. jiaxu took it from her hand and walked ahead. sang yue thanked the barista and smiled, catching up to the older male.

sang yue stretched the sleeves of her navy blue cardigan, which now covered her plams making the cup feel little less cold. noticing this jiaxu took the cup from her hand "i'll hold it for you" he announced. "do you want to drink it?" he asked and then brought the cup closer to her face when she hummed in agreement. sang yue took the cup from him saying "i can hold it." "if you want to drink can drink your drink. why are seizing the opportunity to gēgē's hand on purpose?" he teased. "it wasn't on purpose" sang yue rolled her eyes. "besides you keep on licking my hand" she scruned her nose. "i can actually hold it myself" she said trying to take the cup from him. "won't your hands get cold?" he teased. "your hands will get cold. i am fine" sang yue took her cup from him. "you're right" he mumbled.