" I guess my answer is set then.. "

" Tristian. If you win, he's coming after you. " Kane spoke, and I shrugged.

" Let him. I've got nothing more to lose anyway. "

" What about Ingrid? Would you really let him do something to her? " He asked, and I unintentionally glanced over to see her in the closet, still enthusiastically sorting and organizing my things. She looked so fucking adorable, trying to reach the top shelf to put some things away. Looking at Kane, I shook my head.

" I would never let him touch her again. " I replied as he took a seat on the chair..

" So I need to lose. " I muttered, and he shook his head.

" I never said that. "

" Then what the hell am I supposed to do? "

" What you feel is right. You need the money for your mother in the hospital, but you need to keep Ingrid safe. Defy Darragh, things will only get harder from here, but let him control your life, your money, Ingrid... life will only get easier for a short while. "

" I wouldn't mind life getting easier.. even if it was only for a little. " I muttered, and wordlessly, I left his station to go back to my doll baby, who was looking at me with pure joy as she sat beside her new coloring books and coloring pencils she managed to find under the mess. However, in only a few short minutes, the mess was no longer as bad as she had gotten a pile of trash started, and she'd managed to organize a few bins on the shelves, too.

Walking over to her, I placed my hands on her covered thighs. Leaning down to be eye level with her, she blushed immensely as I bit my lip.

"What's got you so excited, doll? "

" C-Can I keep the colored pencils and sketchbooks? " She asked adorably, and I sighed.

" I basically can't say no, baby. You've organized it all so nicely by your bag. It'd be a shame if I told you you couldn't have them, hmmm? " I muttered, and she looked down at my hands that rested on her thighs while her blush crept down her neck.

" Kiss, please. " She whispered, and I leaned down to place a kiss on her little plump lips. As usual, she wrapped her arms around my neck and pulled me closer. Eager for me to deepen the kiss and satisfy her innocently lustful thoughts.

With her hand running down my chest and going dangerously low, I caught her wrist as she lingered on my lower abs. Pulling away, I looked into her eyes as she practically begged me to do something.. anything.

Day by day, I found myself trying to stay away and not give in to the temptation, but she didn't make things easy. From her request to finally be official, to her eagerness to receive affection and attention... to the unintentional "fuck me" eyes she gave me constantly as she looked at me with the utmost trust and desire.

" Ingrid.. " I muttered, and she hummed softly as she continued looking up at me.

" Help me finish cleaning up, hmm? That way, we can get out of here sooner. " I spoke, and she nodded reluctantly as she grabbed my hand that pulled her to stand.

A few minutes turned into a few hours, and we were now back at my apartment per her request. I decided to make a bit of dinner while she sat on the couch watching one of her little shows. As I finished the pasta for the chicken alfredo, I heard her phone ring. She paused the show, and the look on her face immediately changed. She held the phone to her ear, and though she spoke in Spanish, I was able to clearly notice she was talking to her father. Her shoulders looked tense, and her hands were a bit fidgety, too.

As much as I wanted to go and rip the phone from her, I couldn't. I didn't want to cause her more problems by being here, and though it was her request to stay with me for the afternoon, I knew the request was both a tough one to make and a risky one for her as well. Eventually, she finished the phone call, and I set the timer for the food as I walked over to the living room.

She looked over at me, and I took a seat beside her as she placed her phone on the coffee table. She didn't say anything as she slowly wrapped her arms around my torso and buried her face in the crook of my neck. I wanted so badly to know what was going on in her mind, to ease the pain and suffering.. to be there for her completely. But I didn't say anything. I simply pulled her closer as I placed a small kiss in her hair.

And though I wanted to relax and enjoy our time together, Darragh and my father had to be the ones to message me to effectively ruin my attempt to rest my mind.

Darragh: I'll see you this weekend at the fight.

Noah: Your mother's hospital bill came in. Follow Darragh's orders, and it'll be taken care of. 

☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽

Hello loves, hope you enjoyed the chapter. This was a little short, but I have other longer chapters coming soon and available now on Patreon! much love. x

Chapters 26 and 27 are available now on Patreon!

How did you like this chapter?

Favorite moments and why?

Any suggestions? Drama or fluff related?

Song requests?

Future predictions?

Anything else to say? Hmmm?

☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽

All Links (Patreon, Instagram,TikTok, etc.) @ https://authorskangel.carrd.co/

Find me on Patreon: Author S.K. Angel (iiLoveydoveii)

Link: https://www.patreon.com/authorskangel

Tell me what you think and don't forget to vote ♡

Angel ♡