The Boy on the Beach: Dan Howell

You walk down the beach, sand filling your toes with each step. It wasn’t exactly a sunny day outside. In fact, it was going to rain. You could smell it in the air and see it in the way the ocean currents move against the shore. You pull your beach towel out of your bag and place it onto the sand. As you lay back, you think about how the ocean would feel against your feet at this moment. But since it will be raining soon, you had decided to stay on land. As you are enjoying the silent crashing of the waves, you start to hear laughter. You sit up quickly and turn your head towards the direction it was coming from. There were 4 boys and two girls running down the beach line towards the ocean. You watch silently as both of the girls jump on two of the boys backs and run out into the water. One of the other boys jumped in with them, deciding not to be left out. But the other sat down on the shore and watched the others play in the water. Sometimes, he would give the occasional chuckle when his friends would throw the girls in the ocean. And all you could do was watch him. His every move was enticing to you. Every flick of his eyelashes drawing you closer to check out more details in his face. You saw that his lips were round and shaped like a heart. His cheekbones were sharp and masculine. You smile and laugh softly to yourself. The boy turns his head towards you, as if he heard it. Your eyes widen, and you look away. Pulling out a book from your backpack, you pretend you were studying the words instead of him. You tried to concentrate on the words, but those lips kept flashing into your mind. “Hi.” You gasp and turn quickly. He was standing over you, smiling sweetly. “What are you reading?” he says as he sits down beside you. He flip the book to the cover. “Nightmare Academy?” he laughs and lifts up his eyebrows. “Ready for halloween arent we?” You roll your eyes and glare at him, all the while trying not to smile like an idiot. ‘Ha ha very funny.” you reply. He grins. “So she DOES speak? I was wondering when you would talk. Anyways, my name’s Dan. What’s yours?” You look deep into his eyes, noticing that they are the most gorgeous chocolate brown you’ve ever seen. “I’m umm…” you groan inwardly. Seriously? Now is not the time to forget your name. “I’m y/n.” He chuckles. “It’s cute. Rather adorable, actually.” You feel a warm sensation flush your face. “So why aren’t you swimming?” you ask him. He shrugs. “Eh, I don’t really like swimming when its raining. What about you? Why arent you swimming?” You laugh sarcastically and look at him. “Me? Please, I can barely even paddle.” His eyes widen. ‘You cant swim?” You shake your head. Dan looks you up and down. “Well, I guess we can both just sit here and chat can’t we?” You smile. For the next twenty minutes, you talk nonstop. About your family, your school, your life, anything. It’s only been that long and already you feel yourself falling for him. Soon, it begins to pour down rain and Dan’s friends jump out of the ocean. “DAN! WE HAVE TO LEAVE ITS GOING TO POUR WORSE THAN THIS!” One of the guys scream to him. You and Dan jump up. Dan helps you put your stuff in your backpack. “I guess i’ll be seeing you here again?” You nod and say, “Saturday, 3 p.m. I’ll be here.” He nods and begins to walk away. You sigh and run up the beach towards your car. As you pull out your keys and unlock your door, a strong masculine arm yanks you away from it. You extend your hand ready to defend yourself if needed to. But then you put it down as you realize it was just Dan. “Dan..What..?” But before you could finish the sentence, he shoves you up against your car door and eagerly presses his lips against yours. At first it kind of hurt, but then you felt his shoulders untense and his kisses grew lighter and sweeter, like placing a rose petal against your lips. They were soft, fast kisses. The ones where your lips barely touch but you can still feel the energy flowing through you. He pulled away and then kissed you again, just once more. He takes your bottom lip slowly and nibbles on it lightly before he releases it and stares into your eyes. “I couldn’t leave without doing that. I felt if I hadn’t I would have regretted it. You nodded. His eyes drooped slowly. “Im guessing the kiss was bad?” He said. Before you could say anything, he turned around to walk away and out of reaction you grabbed his arm and pulled him back, pressing your lips firmly against his. Once you pull away, you gaze into his eyes and place one hand lightly onto his cheek. “Actually, it was quite amazing.”