Chapter 8 - Liar, Liar

Start from the beginning

''Thank you.'' Alexander faked a smile and showed her the door.

''Guys, for real, you really should've added more details about what kind of person we were looking for.'' I let out, hiding my face with my hands.

We had been sitting there, seeing weird looking girls for about 2 hours. Most of them were either girls from school who had a huge crush on Kendrick or they were just too old.

''Well, then, we don't have a choice.'' William declared, getting his phone out of his pocket.

''Wait, what are you going to do?'' I frowned, unsure.

''Well, desperate times call for desperate measures.'' William dialed a number and pressed the phone to his ear.

I looked at Alex and Blake, hoping they would give me at least a hint or something but they were staring at Will with their mouths wide open.

''Will, we can try again. You don't have to do that.'' Alex begged.

''Come on guys, you know that's not going to work. And Mariah already knows her.''

''Knows who?'' I asked, confused. Of course, they royally ignored me.

''Kendrick made it clear he never wanted to see her again.'' Alexander begged.

''Oh please, we both know they have that weird I hate you chemistry going on. Hello sexual tension.'' He rolled his eyes.

''Oh for god's sake, who are you talking about?'' I interrupted them.

They all seemed to remember I existed. Still, they remained silent like they were scared to say her name.

''We're calling Nicole.''

Dramatic music.

It's kind of funny considering I have no idea who the hell this Nicole is and so that makes it absolutely not dramatic.

''Who is Nicole?'' I made a face.

''Kendrick's ex girlfriend.'' Blake answered.

''Oh my god, you mean..''

It all came back.

''Yeah, the one you think we're talking about.''

Kendrick only had one girlfriend in his lifetime and trust me, it did not end well.

I have a feeling this is going to be interesting.

In that moment, so called Nicole picked up the phone. William put her on speaker phone.

''Hello?''

''Hey Nicky. It's been a while.'' He faked joy.

'' Oh sweet jesus... What did Kendrick do this time ? ''

We all smirked. William explained it all to her and even though she wasn't easy to convince, she finally gave in and accepted to help us out.

William hung up and all of the guys glared at him.

''Now, how are we going to tell Kendrick?''

They all looked terrified. Bring the popcorns, folks.

''So, now that it's all settled, I suppose I can go back home, can't I?''

They all nodded and agreed to drive me home. I don't even know why my presence was needed to do the casting in the first place.

They dropped me in front of my house and were about to leave when they noticed a motorcycle in the driveway and then the guy who came with it.

Haze.