Chapter 5

flashback......

[AUTHOR   POV] 

Hyun Ho nervously fidgeted with the small box in his pocket as he approached Youra. The bustling cafe provided a backdrop of laughter and the comforting hum of conversations. He took a deep breath, preparing to confess his feelings and present the carefully chosen gift.

"Hey, Youra," he greeted, a hopeful smile playing on his lips.

"Hey, Hyun Ho!! I'm happy you're here..," Youra beamed, her eyes sparkling with joy. "There's something I wanted to tell you."

A mix of anticipation and anxiety churned in Hyun Ho's stomach. "Oh, really? I have something to tell you too," he stammered, his heart racing.

Youra's smile widened, and she couldn't contain her excitement. "Kyung Jun and I...... are officially a couple now..." 

"Wuuuuuuu..it seems that someone has grown up now..I'm happy for you" he managed to say, even though his voice trembled a little.

Youra's eyes lit up, oblivious to the storm of emotions inside Hyun Ho. "You're the only one who understands me while Jun Hee doesn't agree with this relationship at all..Kyung Jun is actually kind, he's just a little rude, right?."

Hyun Ho nodded, his smile masking the disappointment and heartache he felt. "Yeah and he's a lucky guy." He said the last sentence in a low tone while looking at Youra who was still smiling beautifully. 

As they sipped on their coffees, Youra's eyes sparkled with curiosity. "What did you want to say earlier?"

Hyun Ho hesitated, feeling the weight of the unspoken words pressing on him. "Ah, it's nothing, really. Just some work stuff and... well, you know, regular things."

But Youra was persistent. "No way, Hyun Ho. I know you too well. There's more to it. Spit it out!"

He took a deep breath, deciding to share something else, something that wouldn't reveal the depths of his true feelings. "Okay, okay. Well, I was thinking about planning a surprise  birthday party for my little brother and I want you to join..to be the planner with me.."

Youra's eyes lit up again, this time with excitement. "That's a fantastic idea! When is his birthday?" Relieved that the conversation had shifted, Hyun Ho played along, describing his plans for the surprise party and after one hour they discussing about it at the cafe, they decide to go home. 

As Hyun Ho walked away from the cafe, the weight of unspoken emotions settled in his chest. The echo of Youra's laughter lingered in his mind, a poignant reminder of the feelings he had chosen to keep hidden. Despite the ache in his heart, a bittersweet realization dawned upon him.

He found solace in the fact that Youra was happy. Her joy, her smiles, and the sparkle in her eyes were the balm to his own wounds. In the grand scheme of things, as long as Youra was content, as long as she found happiness with Kyung Jun, Hyun Ho tell himself that it was enough.

In the quiet of the evening, as the city lights began to twinkle, Hyun Ho looked up at the sky. He took a deep breath, letting the cool air fill his lungs. A silent vow formed within him – he would continue to be there for Youra, even if it meant suppressing his own desires and hiding the depth of his emotions.

For now, he would play the role of the supportive friend, the one who celebrated Youra's triumphs and wiped away her tears. His own happiness became secondary, a sacrifice he was willing to make for the sake of preserving the bond they shared. The unopened gift in his pocket symbolized not only his hidden feelings but also his commitment to seeing Youra's happiness above all else.

The Fight for survivalजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें