Chapter 3

Me, Kyung Jun, and the others waited for Jun Hee along with more students. I'm starting to feel uneasy, it's impossible for Dong Hyun to step out of line on purpose if he knows what will happen..Or did someone make him step out of the line? Should I really not trust anyone too much, as Kyung Jun said? No, I need to stay positive. Maybe what happened to Dong Hyun was just an accident. 

While I was still daydreaming about it, the sound of the main door being opened made me turn around to see Jun Hee and the others arriving. Other students also approached those who had just arrived, perhaps wanting to know what had happened to Dong Hyun.

"Oppa!" I immediately ran towards Jun Hee when I saw him emerging from the main door with a tired expression.

"Oppa, is everything alright?" Jun Hee only responded to me with a sad face.

"What happened to Dong Hyun?" Eun Chan spoke up.

"Hey, say something. What happened to Dong Hyun?" This time, Mina questioned when Jun Hee still didn't respond to their questions.

"He thought... the line stopped there... So he was checking... Then he slipped." Somi explained to the others while holding back her tears. I was somewhat shocked to hear what happened to Dong Hyun... Poor him...

"Then how far into the village were you able to go?" Kyung Jun approached Jun Hee with a different question. It was clear he didn't care about what happened to Dong Hyun. Even at a time like this, he still wanted to prioritize himself.

"You said you would meet people and call the police... DID YOU DO IT?!" Kyung Jun snapped at Jun Hee.

"We couldn't go... The entire place is enclosed with the line," Jun Hee finally began to respond.

"We're completely locked in here," Jun Hee added.

"Then, does it mean we can't leave this place until the game is over?" Yeon Seo asked, and her eyes were clearly filled with tears, holding back her cry.

I could only run my fingers through my hair to try to calm myself in this situation.

[INFIRMARY]

I am now alone in the infirmary, trying to find peace for myself, and most importantly, I want to avoid Kyung Jun for now because I am still angry with his actions that always prioritize himself. He always promises to change, but every time he promises, he will surely break it. I don't understand his increasingly erratic behavior; instead of calming down, he adds tension to the situation. Sometimes, it's difficult for me to calm him down as well.

"Are you okay? Your face looks tired." A voice brought me back from my thoughts, and I immediately turned my head to see the person.

"Hyun Ho..."

Hyun Ho handed me a bottle of drink, and I accepted it, thanking him.

"Are you okay?" he asked again when the previous question went unanswered.

I nodded while sipping the drink he gave me. Hyun Ho also nodded in understanding of my response.

But suddenly, I remembered that Hyun Ho and Dong Hyun were close friends. He must be grieving now because he just lost his friend.

"Hyun Ho..."

"Hmm?"

"I am also sad by what happened to Dong Hyun." When he heard what I said, he held back his tears.

"I saw Dong Hyun die in front of me, but I couldn't do anything." I fell silent, not knowing what to do as I witnessed him in sorrow.

"Hyun Ho, don't worry. We will find a solution together," I said, trying to console him.