Phantasm: Invasion

The first attack on US soil started in Las Vegas in the twenty first century. The Tall Man had used his latest technology to open many gateways all over Las Vegas where the legions of undead minions started to maim and kill everyone that were in their way. The corpses of their victims would be taken to the Tall Man so they would be revived in order for them to join their army. Those that had to wander into the hot desert were either killed by the Gravers or the flying spheres of death. As all of Las Vegas had fallen into the hands of The Tall Man the sinister being said this: "Sooner of later you will all come to me."

     Those that remained who had combat experience decided to fight back. Will Emery had become the leader of our band of survivors. The band of survivors had recruited other fellow survivors like me and my big sister Megan Hasson and taught all of us how to shoot and defend ourselves with several different weapons. My name is Ethan Hasson and I have been fighting for a couple of months against the hordes of the undead. We had shot at the undead minions who kept coming at us and we eventually learned that they could only be stopped by decapitation or by several shots to the brain. We always tried to take out their eyes either by shooting at them or by taking them out with a knife or another sharp object.

     I was able to make friends with Jeff Winters and his son Jacob Winters. The Tall Man liked to send his small dwarf minions to do his bidding. Jacob had seen how many of the small little dwarves had killed his mother Samantha. Jeff was able to sabe his son by getting him out of the house and they just drove off until they found Will Emery with a bunch of his men who were looking for food, ammunition, weapons and supplies. Jacob told me from time to time that sometimes he dreamt about his mother, but that his dreams ended up by him being attacked by one of the minions of The Tall Man.

     My sister Megan would always look out for the both of us. In a way my sister had grown up into an adult. She was an experienced martial artist who worked as a bouncer. Ever since I could remember Megan was always a true badass in my book and she always had my back. Megan had been babysitting me while our parents had gone out to celebrate their anniversary which was the last time that we had seen either of them alive. I could tell that my friend Jacob had a crush on my big sister as he liked to bring her anything that she needed.

     One day Megan, Jeff, Jacob and I went to look out for supplies. We were led by Edgar Forster who used to be a retail store manager and by Sylvia Strasberg who used to be a cop. We quietly went inside a supermarket and we were not ready for what happened next. The Tall Man had decided to create a new form of undead threat which could exhale a green toxic breath that could infect humans and turn them into one of them. These new modified enemies could also infect a person by giving a human being a scratch from the claws that they had instead of normal human nails on their fingers. We did not know what we were up against and we eventually had to retreat. Edgar was decapitated with an axe and Shelley Winters had been exposed to the green toxic breath. Eventually, Shelley turned within minutes into an undead servant and started to shoot at us. Megan, Jeff, Jacob and I were able to get out of there as we got back to the truck and we drove off. As Jeff was driving two of of the silver spheres that were in the area gave the truck two flat tires. The third silver spheres that appeared shot a red laser that blew out the engine.

     From there on we went on foot. The Gravers that were nearby went after us and since there were too many of them we got separated. Jacob and I ended up hiding inside an abandoned movie theater while my sister Megan and Jeff were saved by one of the military units that was sent by the government. As many hours went by without any sort of danger I dozed off. Jacob was watching over me while I slept. An hour into Jacob's watch he heard the female voice of my sister Megan who was whispering for him to come to her down a dark corridor. Jacob took out his flashlight and after he turned the flashlight on he could see Megan calling to him. Jacob was glad to see her and Megan was smiling at him. As Jacob was looking at Megan's beautiful face she took a knife and stabbed him several times. As Jacob was looking at his wounds he saw that Megan was no longer there. I had woken up by this time to see that the Megan that was there was a fake. The Tall Man had taken the shape of Megan and he drove the knife through Jacob's throat which killed him. The Tall Man then looked at me and said: "A new game begins ... boy." I quickly ran out of the abandoned theater at night where two soldiers by the name of Adam Barnett and John Patterson found me and took me to their unit which was called The Night Seekers.