𝗠𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗜𝗻 (𝗚𝗼𝗼𝗱𝗯𝘆𝗲)

Start from the beginning

"Like me. That one," Mark said.

Bella didn't know what to say. She didn't know Mark would be living across from Callie. She made a mental note to talk to Mark.

Callie frowned. "Really? I thought this one."

"Too hot. Better for a date. That one," Mark told her, not seeing the look on Grace's face.

"Okay. Here, thanks," Callie said as she stripped off and got changed in front of them. "Okay. Less hot?"

"Less hot."

Callie nodded. "Okay. Good. Wish me luck. Or not luck. Cause I'm all talented and hardcore," she said.

Mark smirked. "You're an attending. Go kick some ass," he called as Callie walked back into her own apartment.

Bella turned to Mark with a raised eyebrow. "So. Did you forget to mention that your hot, hardcore ex sex friend lives right across the hall?" She asked.

"Did I?"

"Yeah. Yeah you did."

Mark turned to her. "Babe. That's in the past. Don't worry."

Bella looked to him. She nodded. "If you say so," she said as she walked into the apartment. "Huh. Not bad."

"See. Imagine the nights we would have here. You wrapped around me as I drove you wild," Mark said as he nibbled her neck.

Bella turned to him. "Nice try."

****

Bella walked into her patients room where Lexie was. She saw them there and sighed. "Hey. How's it going?" She asked. She knew her hair was a mess from having sex with Mark.

Lexie looked to her. "She's being stubborn and she won't go into surgery," she told her.

Bella frowned. "Number one, do not say a patient is being stubborn. Number two, we have to respect their wishes. So I don't need to hear this from you of all people," she said.

Lexie nodded. "Okay but she won't tell her parents what happened. So I told her I was going to send an email. Unless she went for the surgery.."

"Lex. You can't do that. Go and get a coffee. Or something. Cause you're driving me insane," Bella said.

Lexie nodded. "Can I just say that she said she would sue if we took her into surgery."

"Lex. Go."

****

Mark was sitting at the nurses station. He looked up as Derek walked towards him.

Things had gotten better between them since he and Bella had given their wedding to Derek and Grace.

"More suits? It's freaking people out. Talk of downsizing, corporate takeover. Rumours that Webber is jumping ship. You've got the chief's ear. What's he got planned?" Mark asked.

"He's retiring. They're making me chief," Derek said, knowing he took delight in winding up Mark.

"No!"

"Yeah."

Mark didn't believe it. "Really?"

"Yes."

"Really? Wow."

"Yep."

Mark looked to him. "Mm-hmm. I mean, the chief never said anything to me. I would've fought you hard for that. But hell, I guess if that's what he wants, congratulations are in order," he said. He saw the look on Derek's face. "Wait. That was... you're messing with me?"