Chapter 6

Hello Once Again Fellow Readers. I Have Made Up My Mind And Decided That I Will Use This Summer To My Advantage So I Can Write A Few Chapters Before I Begin My Sophomore Year In School. If You Caught On In The Last Chapter, Rinku And Co. Have Successfully Time Travelled Back To The First Day, And Now, They Are Armed With Knowledge Of The Future And Can Change Previous Events, As Time Travel Entails. But Anyways, That's Enough Rambling I Suppose, And On With The Story!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DAWN OF THE FIRST DAY. 72 HOURS REMAINING.
Dawn slowly streaked through the cherry blossoming sky as I opened the gates out of the clock tower. And then slowed to a stop as my memory changed.
... I gently swayed along to the tune that belonged to my savior, and played my ocarina. The soft melody gently echoed across the clock tower, as the clock itself chimed 12:00, and the moon was inches from causing destruction. Then, right as the song was done, I grasped Emma and Link in turn put Navi in his hat, as we were enveloped in a blue light and disappeared, only to fall deeper and deeper into the clockwork of the world...
I Remember now, the bandits, the song, the visions, Emm- Wait, Emm! I thought as I looked around, when suddenly I felt a hand grasp mine. "Hey there, miss me much?" A carefree voice asked. I turned to see the brunette in question, and noticed the others as well behind me. After sighing in relief, I thought about how this wasn't the last time we'd be turning back time, and said: "Memory check ." We all quickly recounted the events from each other's perspectives, and everything appeared to be fine. For celebration of our plan to be a success, due to our ocarinas being in our bag, we decided to set out to the Stock Pot Inn in East Clock town for a drink to our "victory". "Forgive the skepticism, but this is nothing more than a setback. The Skull Kid is still out there, the moon can still crash, and," I showed Link the bracelet. "We still have THESE to worry about." I commented, before realizing I may have spoken too loud, and for that, I may have attracted the attention of all the other clients and employees at the inn. Shying away, I sat back down and gave my fellow party members a meaningful look. After informing Emma of the Soul Halves, we sat down in silence. I guess I DID ruin the mood after all. I thought. We then decided to pay the Salesman a visit, after all, he is the one that can return him to normal.

After paying the bill to the clerk, Anju was her name I think, we set off towards the clock tower, careful to avoid a confrontation from the bandits. As we opened those massive doors once more, we peered into the darkness of the tower... After journeying into the inner workings of the colossal clock, and for that we had to climb a long way, we spotted him gazing at the townsfolk through a window that lay out the landscape of Clock town and its nearby landmarks. He seemed to grin whenever he spotted a crying child or siblings bickering, as if he fed on that negative energy of society. I called him out and he turned, either it was me, or it seemed that his grin grew wider when he saw our party. He outstretched his hand in a mock gesture of a first meeting, and I in turn simply glared at him back. "Ah, the young heroes return so soon? Is it perhaps you've already completed my request?" he asked in a ominously melancholic remark. I decided to let him stay on a roll since we haven't actually gotten the mask. He descended into what seemed to be an elevator all the way down to the main floor. That bastard. I thought. Keeping that little bit of information out of the equation. I sighed as we all proceeded to descend the clockwork, and back to its lower core.

He was already waiting, looking up with that crafty look of his, as we descended down the gears and unto the stone floor. He headed to his organ piano, and beckoned me and Link forward, I decided to cede due to the help that Link needed, and I'm not so much a craven as to leave a comrade behind. "Bring out your possession, and follow along to this song." He then sat on his chair and began tapping the keys. I have to say, even though he had just started playing, and I didn't like the guy, he was a piano maestro, every keystroke was a sound of both harmony and discord, all surmounting into a solo orchestra that was on par with my world's finest. And the tune he played sounded so familiar... But then he suddenly stopped, and then said what I was fearing. "Could I maybe accept the mask I was promised as payment for this tune I am about to perform?" He asked in a menacing tone. We all took a BIG set of steps back, and I pulled out my blades to protect the group, and make me the bigger target. "So... In other words... You don't HAVE IT." he began to laugh, but as soon as he began he stopped, and sped up in my direction. I need to keep him away from them for a chance to escape him.

風のタクトスキル:疾風の-

Kazenotakuto sukiru: Hayate no-

"You're TOO SLOW." he murmured as held me by my throat and held me above the ground. "If you really want to save your friend so badly, then I could take YOUR LIFE in exchange for his." he sneered as he dropped me on the floor and let me tend to my thoughts. I always COULD do that, I mean, for what Navi's told me, he could handle this quest by himself, and I would simply play the part of a martyr and let him save the day. I am new to this questing stuff and hero-ing, a novice simply can't replace a master. "Hey Rinku, you don't need to do what he said. I could get used to this form, I can't let an innocent person die so I could live." Link said, grasping my shoulder and helping me up. I need Link to go back to his old self, yet I can't be so vain that I would leave him physically scarred like that. But then, it came to me. THAT SONG. I thought. How could I be so deaf? It's the first one... "I got it." I then said. Even the Salesman was shocked when he turned to me. "We thank you for your help, but sadly do not need it, I'm sure you can understand." I then brought my ocarina up once more. And as the first note left my lips, the tune shifted, and the melody resonated, the ground shook from my music, as the reality around me shifted, it was as if my ocarina was joined by the organ and its jarring notes resonated all around the Clock Tower, I felt the emotion within the notes, the pain, agony, happiness, euphoria, longing, melancholy, and peace. The haunting yet calming notes pierced my body and my soul, and I played like never before. As I stopped, I felt the energy shift as it sped towards Link and enveloped him in a golden light. I grimaced and everyone shielded their eyes from the light as it kept getting more intense. Finally, after it died down, human Link lay there on his knees with his eyes open, and gazing at the cursed mask. The Salesman found the words to speak. "H-H-How... D-Did -You-" he stammered, I wasn't gonna let him finish. "Oh, you mean The Song Of Healing? Well, my grandmother taught me that song as soon as I could play the ocarina, the only reason I couldn't figure out the tune earlier was because of that damned organ of yours, it disoriented my hearing in regards to me picking up the song. Oh yes, the song that can remove curses and put the troubled to rest, be they dead, dying or depressed, it doesn't matter. We'll take our leave now. C'mon guys." I beckoned a shocked Navi and Emma and a Link carrying a look that bore respect and approval towards me. Together we left the Tower once more...

"That child gets more interesting by every second, time to move to the next stage." said a laughing voice, who glared at the door they just exited through...