Hindsight

A couple of things I'd like to point out before you read on: Events shared that appear gratuitous were included for reasons that go beyond titillation and hopefully will bear out as you continue. From my view, there were no options that would fix either relationship, and although I would take back certain actions if I could, I believe that the breakups were inevitable and the correct decisions.

What will these words portray about me and the others? That is to be determined by you and your own experiences that form your opinions. I've accepted my actions and have learned to be less needful of approval from others. I am grateful for those who believe in me today. I try not to be judgmental and to remain open-minded when learning of others' failures, and strive to pay forward the positive reinforcement that I've received.

The selected memories to follow exclude details of the children's reactions to certain events. They were children dealing with matters that would be difficult to handle at any age. My love for them is undeniable and unending, and even though a cliche, and sounds cheesier than the Kraft Mac'n'Cheese beloved by each in childhood, it is nonetheless true to regard as unconditional.

These glimpses from the past were purposely chosen to represent my state of mind and provide insight into who I am. Some are relevant and seminal, others inconsequential and meant to be lighthearted. The account of events is honest but told from my vantage point and based on the subjectivity of my memories.

I don't know how different these same stories might read if written by the others involved, but of this, I am sure: We have all loved and been loved. Each has been hurtful, and each in turn has been hurt. We have all lost something, and I have no doubt, each harbors regret.