Chapter 6: What's the plan?

The sun began to rise over the Tree Of Life and its residents and this day was going to be a stressful one. Rani was beginning to wake up and she saw that Kion was still sleeping and left him to continue his peaceful slumber. She knew he had to rest as they had a lot planned for the day. 

Rani went outside and took a deep breath of the fresh morning air and felt the warmth of the rising sun on her face. The view of the luscious greenery and the majestic Tree Of Life in the centre of it all never failed to make her determined to do her best as a leader.

Although, Rani knew that the stress of her duties would catch up with her sooner or later. She took another deep breath and prepared herself for the challenges that lay ahead.

Kion was beginning to wake up and he walked outside and saw Rani staring at the wonderful horizon.

"Good Morning Rani." Kion said as he yawned and stretched

"Oh, hello Kion." she replied

Kion had just remembered that yesterday morning Rani wasn't happy about something but he had never gotten the chance to ask her why.

"Rani about yesterday. I saw that something was wrong. What happened?" Kion asked

"Oh, it was about your scar." Rani replied

"What, how did you know?" Kion asked

"Fuli had told me but she told me that you didn't want me to know." 

Kion looked back somewhat annoyed but also filled with joy that Fuli had told her because she had then given him the courage to tell everyone else which gave him a sigh of relief.

"Well, I'm glad she told you because you made me tell everyone else and it made me feel better knowing that everyone now knows." Kion says nuzzling Rani

ONCE AGAIN Bunga interrupts and moves into the middle of Kion and Rani putting his hand on their snouts and pushing them away. 

"Kion like I said before leave all this liony thingy for later, we need to go on patrol!" Bunga said

They were both surprised to see Bunga was awake as it was very early in the morning.

"Bunga it's too early to go on patrol!" Kion added

"But Kion what if the leopards come back? OR EVEN WORSE! What if take they over the Tree Of Life!?" Bunga screamed

"Okay okay." Kion said trying to get Bunga to be quiet "We'll go on patrol. Go ahead, get the rest of The Guard I'll catch up."

Bunga quickly ran off to gather the rest of The Guard, finally leaving Kion and Rani alone. Rani turned to Kion and smiled, "Looks like you won't be getting any rest today," she said, half-jokingly.

Kion laughed, "Yeah, it seems that way."

As he waited for the rest of The Guard to arrive, Kion and Rani enjoyed the peaceful morning and the beauty of the Tree Of Life. They knew that the day ahead would be full of challenges and responsibilities, but they felt ready to face them together.

Finally, the rest of The Guard arrived and they set out on patrol, keeping a watchful eye on the surroundings and making sure that the Tree Of Life and its residents were safe. Meanwhile, the Night Pride were coming back from their patrol. Nirmala split up from the group as she saw Rani and wanted to talk to her.

"Hello Rani." Nirmala said

Rani turned to see it was Nirmala

"Good morning Nirmala." 

"So, has Kion said anything about you loving him?" Nirmala questioned

"Surprisingly, he hasn't." Rani replied