Chapter 1: The Beginning

As Kion and Rani entered the lair Kion hopped up on the rock, Rani was still upset at the fact that Queen Jana had passed. She is still unsure if she's ready.

"Kion" Rani said "What if I'm not ready to rule over this land"

"I know you're ready, and I'll be here to help," Kion says smiling at Rani. 

Rani walks over to Kion and puts her head under his. As the night begins to fall Kion and Rani become very exhausted from the coronation and decide they are going to go to sleep early. 

As Balyio enters the lair he asks Rani "Hey Rani, are you gonna come on patrol with us?"

"Um, can you guys patrol without me? I'm still pretty tired from the coronation." Rani replies

Balyio becomes a bit upset realising that she won't be going on patrol with them as much as before because she's now queen and has a lot of royal duties.

"Oh, ok." Balyio says in a sad tone

They both begin to fall asleep however, Kion is still awake and is admiring every single detail on Rani's face while she was asleep. 

Kion thought to himself with a smile on his face "She sure is beautiful!" but Rani wasn't yet asleep and caught Kion looking at her. 

"What?" Rani says as she begins to blush and looks away.

"Huh? Oh-uh nothing. Uh, but anyways do you have any plans for tomorrow?" Kion asked feeling a little embarrassed.

"Well I've got to remove some rocks from the mountain pass and that's pretty much it for the day." Rani replies "What about you?" Rani questioned

"I've gotta go on patrol with the guard and make sure the valley is safe. Then I've got to go to Cikha Escarpment and try and improve my roar. Then I've got to-"

As Kion looks over at Rani he sees that she's fast asleep and probably didn't hear a word he said so he just decides to go to sleep as well. The next day Kion wakes up and sees that Rani is still sleeping so he waits until she wakes up so that they can talk abit before he goes out on patrol, while Kion is waiting he begins to think about his life's journey that led up to this moment and how grateful he is that he met Rani.

As Rani begins to wake up she stretches and yawns "Morning Kion. What are you daydreaming about?" Rani chuckles.

"I'm just glad I got this scar otherwise I would have never met you." Kion says in a soft voice.

Rani smirks and pins Kion to the ground, licks the side of his cheek and they begin to nuzzle each other. However, the nuzzling ended quickly as Bunga walked in and caught them in the act he decided to interrupt them rather than leave them to have their own moment.

"Hey Kion! Leave all of this liony thingy for later, we need to go on patrol." Bunga shouts

"Oh, yeah." Kion says looking down and with his ears dropped "Bunga could you wait for me outside?"

"I guess I'll see you later tonight." Kion says as he nuzzles Rani

As Kion walks out of the lair he looks at Bunga with an angry expression

"BUNGA! You can't just walk in like that." Kion states

"Like what your majesty?" Bunga says in an annoying tone

Kion sighs and assembles the guard for the patrol. As they begin their patrol through the forest Kion and Fuli begin to pick up a scent of multiple lions.

"Kion you smell that?" Fuli asked 

"Yeah, there are lions nearby. Let's be on alert just in case." Kion says

"Kion, why don't you have Ono or Anga fly up and look to see what they're doing?" Bunga stupidly states

"Bunga, look around. What do you see?" Fuli asks

As Bunga begins to look around he says "Trees."

"SO HOW DO YOU EXPECT ONO OR ANGA TO SEE PAST THE TREES?!?" Fuli in an annoyed voice

"Oh yeah." Bunga laughs

Kion and Fuli began to smell the scent getting closer and closer towards them. As the scent of the lions got closer they could make out that two of them were male lions and there was one female lion. As Kion unsheathed his claws him and Bunga were getting ready for a fight.

I guess you'll have to find out what happens in the next chapter

*Authors Note*

This is my first time writing so I'm sorry if this chapter is quite short but the next chapters will begin to get longer.