🄲🄷🄰🄿🅃🄴🅁 🄴🄸🄶🄷🅃

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟎𝟖: 𝐒𝐮𝐫𝐯𝐞𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Go Kyung jun dragged Cha Soyeon away from the lifeless body of Park Woo ram as the other kids also started running towards their hiding places, fearing that they might be the next target of the Mafias.

Kyung jun led his girlfriend to the cafe and carefully hid the girl there. He lowered the shutters, made his way behind the counter and slowly slid down, letting out shaky breaths that soon turned into sobs.

Soyeon looked down at her hands, she was saddened at the Woo ram killed but at the same time, she was relieved that a Mafia had died, but most importantly, she was relieved Kyung jun didn't die.

Making her way towards the sobbing man and sat down next to him. Her butt hit the floor at the same time as her head hit his shoulders.

She grabbed his hand that was clenching and wrapped her own around it, watching as it slowly relaxed and intertwined it.

"It's okay, I'll protect you" Soyeon whispered as Kyung jun sniffed, his emotions getting to him.

"I don't want to die.." the boy said as his voice was shaky, desperately trying to hold the sobs.

"We'll go home together and I will be here and heal you, if I can't, then I will force the other doctor to do it" Kyung jun's lips quivered as the realization dawned in him.

His role was just a citizen while Soyeon had the pressure of choosing people to heal otherwise they might make a mistake and heal a Mafia.

"I promise, we'll go home together and grow old and go to Paris and feed the pigeons" 

And most importantly...if the Mafias were ever to find out Soyeon's role, she...would be killed.

Kyung jun gripped Soyeon's hand tightly at the thought before relaxing. His head fell on top of Soyeon's head, eyes closed.

Night has come

════

Soyeon stared at the broken door and looked through. Seeing her fellow cousin crying over his girlfriend.

Soyeon was relieved to open her eyes the next day at the cafe with Kyung jun, but at what cost?

She remembered the day Yoo joon had ranted to her about a girl named Park Ji soo. As kids, the Cha cousins were close to the point they would be constantly ranting about people they had a crush on, but it was mostly Yoo joon as Soyeon met Kyung jun and was loyal to her crush.

She recalled the time when Yoo joon had called her, jumping in excitement as his crush had accepted his confession and had the same feelings he was feeling as Soyeon could only pout, envious of their relationship. 

But now, the couple Soyeon had rotted for, Yoo joon held Ji soo and sobbed out loud, continuously calling her, hoping for an answer.

It wasn't long before Kyung jun had requested everyone to meet at a construction site in the Center. 

On the way, Soyeon stumbled to Seung bin and Jin ha and limped towards them.

"Seung bin! Jin ha!" the two turned their head as Soyeon called for them. They were surprised as the girl hugged them 

"I'm so glad you guys are alright" the girl's lips quivered, she treated them like her brothers. Although she was the youngest of them, she was the one who acted the most mature.

Paying Ju won the money Seung bin owed him, buying Jin ha clothes when he rips his own due to his fights, and stopping Kyung jun from smoking.

"You didn't follow me and Kyung jun, I was worried" Soyeon muttered as she heard Jin ha laugh "What's funny?"