INTRODUCTION

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

The day Theo Parker was born was the day that the earth stood still, just for a singular second, a insignificant moment that seemed to stretch on for eons as time waited on upon listening ears, before her howling screams filled the skies like a sirens song calling to home and the whole world rattled with relief. And since that day, and everyday since, oh how the ground seemed to tremble beneath her every footstep, staining the path she'd walk on for centuries with golden ichor, when she was long since dead and buried, mere blood and bone and fine dust speading through the cosmos like a sailor lost to the treacherous tides.

Her mother used to tell her that she was destined for greatness, that her fate was written in the stars and constellations, that she was special and blessed...but it was only later that she found that her mother meant she was fucking cursed. Because, as it turned out, there was godhood humming in her veins, a need for salvation and saltwater between her bloodied teeth, half burning immortality wrapped in fragile mortal flesh that burned and ached and blistered with the weight of divinity, straddling the line of becoming something great or something so much worse.

But Theo had never wanted to be anything other than sane, to be normal, to be innocence instead of rising sainthood and who could blame her after all? To be a demigod was to be a still breathing martyr ruined with scars and damnation, to be haunted by all the things you could of been, to be battleworn and tortured and dead before your time. So perhaps it was a blessing that her mother had loved her so, that she had kept her close, kept her human when she was anything but, that swore that whatever destiny awaited her, as long as she was alive, she would never face it alone...but then, of course, said mother had to go and get herself murdered.

And it was then that she had found that a God's love was a wretched thing, that it wasn't like a mothers womb, that it wouldn't bleed, that it wouldn't stretch or make room for you, that it would simply maim you and twist you inside out until you were a hallucination of their holiness, their slaughterhouse and killing floor. And so she lived in those two extremes of her father never loving her family, or having loved them so much that he was willing to destroy her mother because he couldn't stand the idea that she would become anothers plaything, like a spoiled child refusing to share or to give, only knowing how to take because the word consequence meant nothing to them.

Cruel hands birth cruel hands and so the cycle continues. Because if the God's knew nothing of the word consequence, nothing of the word mercy, and they most definitely knew nothing of the word forgiveness...then why should she? Did she not have the same gold licking at her veins like winding serpents? Did the sea not churn and turn beneath her feet? Did the earth not tremble? Did the storms not blow quiet overhead? Did she not rage and scream and hunger in the dying light just as God's do? Could she know nothing of the word mercy, just as God's did?

And so, in the end who was Theo really...but simply her father's daughter.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

"THE ONLY GOD I'D EVER PRAY TO IS YOU."

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Tags;
-hanlonss dawngrangers -dehishouse ichorborn psycoticlesbian laevinics