Luna, Moon Goddess, Mother, Grandmother, Great-Grandmother

Laura's POV

"Selene knew it was Luna who killed Logan and his mother. It was hard for her to tell his sisters it was her mother's doing. She blamed herself for not being careful, but she knew if she stayed, her mother was going to find her and punish her or, worse, kill her. So she gave the twelves powers connected to the sea so they could protect themselves. They became known as sea witches. Selene went into hiding as Luna took back her rule as the moon goddess," Jay said, looking down at the stone floor. "Years passed. Luna knew if she were to find Selene, she needed to leave the heavens, but she could never leave it with no one there."

"So my mom was born?" My voice cracked, and in my head, I was wondering if he was telling me the truth or if it was nothing but lies. But a part of me knew it was nothing more than the truth.

"Your mother was created to be Luna's watchdog to ensure nothing goes wrong. That's why your mother's name was Luna, to be close to her mother. She never knew about Selene, but when she received a message from the sea witches, it shocked her when she met her sister, who warned her about their mother. That she was nothing but a monster who loves control."

He continued, "By the time I got into contact with your grandmother, Selene was killed by her mother. And also, your mother was met with the same fate. For five years, I was in the heavens, and the only reason why I was here was to protect you and your children from having someone take your blood. Cause--"

"Blood from a divine being can create or destroy," I cut him off. I was tired of hearing that day after day. "Rebekah has my son's blood ready; I received a vision seeing the vampires are in danger, and right now, I'm hearing my grandmother could be a monster who killed both daughters and was alone with my son."

Jay sighed in disappointment and lifted his head, "But it's never too late to fight her." He said.

"What!?" Both Sean and I gasped.

"Jay, if you are blind, then I hate to point out that Laura is currently pregnant, and we are in the middle of a series of events," Sean said, folding his arms across his chest and lifting an eyebrow. "Also, you are telling her to fight against a goddess. That's crazy talk."

"It's possible, and you'll know how when they come!"

"What are you talking about?" I asked, lifting an eyebrow, wondering what Jay had planned.

"You'll know they get here," he said. "Laura, you need to trust me. I know what I did was a s**ty move and greedy, but I promised your mother I'd protect you even from your grandmother. Tell Hades never to meet with his great-grandmother, or he should never meet her alone. You should be careful."

I kept my mouth shut, glared at Jay, then turned my heels and walked away. Sean ran after me, "Laura, you need to be careful..." He said I was no longer feeling weak, maybe because I was filled with anger and confusion. As we made our way out the bottom level, Sean asked the one question that I kept asking myself, "Do you trust him?"

"I don't know," I shrugged, lowering my gaze to my bump; I placed my hand on my bump and then rubbed gentle circles. "Even if those things he said are true, how can I fight against a goddess?" I wondered and looked at him, "She is a blooded goddess, and I half what she is."

Sean sighed, placing his hand on my shoulder and shaking his head, "Don't think it too much. Let's take it one step at a time, and also, we need Nate's input even though we know he'll be pissed." We chuckled softly.

We left the dungeons in total silence, just like when we came here, but there was one thing we thought of. If Jay was fitting that our enemy was the moon goddess, we had no choice but to prepare for a fight. However, when would it happen? I was pregnant, and we didn't want to risk it like the last time with Hades.

When we reached the palace, Sean made sure I headed straight to bed and did not until he returned with my dinner. I was lying in bed when I remembered Hades' first birthday when I met my grandmother for the first time. She came with a gift for Hades and told me to give it to him when he turned eighteen. Completely ignoring Sean's order to stay in bed, I stormed into the walk-in closet and hurried to open a drawer where I had placed the gift.

My eyes widened when I saw the grey wrapping with Happy Eighteenth Hades written on it. I grabbed it from the drawer and tried to rip the wrapping out to see what was in the gift. Why did she want him to open when he was eighteen? What was she hiding!?

I threw my head back, groaned in frustration, and glared at the gift. WHY CAN'T I RIP THE WRAPPING OFF? I screamed in my head as I tried again and again to rip, but there was not a tear; maybe I needed a knife. I glanced around until I saw the letter ripper on my dressing table. I stormed over with the gift clenched in my hand.

Huffing and puffing in anger, I sat on the chair, placed the gift on the table and grabbed the letter ripper. "Let's see what you're hiding in there," I growled, then started to cut the grey wrapping but gasped in shock; just like my first try, the letter ripper did not make a single cut on the wrapping.

What kind of enchantment has that woman placed on the wrapping!? I glared at the gift, wondering what was in it and why Hades had to be eighteen to open it.

"Mommy?" I turned my gaze from the gift down to Hades, who stared up at me in confusion. "Are you well?" He asked as he walked towards me.

I smiled warmly, lifted him, then placed him on my lap, "I'm now okay..." I said, planting a kiss on his temple.

His gaze shifted from me to the gift on the table, "is that the gift great-grandmother was talking about?" He asked.

"Yeah... Wait, how do you know about it?" I asked, furrowing my brows in confusion.

"She told me, ain't I suppose to receive it when I'm eighteen?" He looked up at me.

"Huh... yeah, did great-grandmother tell you what's in it?"

He shook his head, then looked back at it, "She never said much about what's in it; only on my eighteenth birthday does she have a gift for me."

I sighed softly, leaning back, "What else have you been discussing with great-grandmother?" I needed to ask Hades what he and my grandmother had been discussing. I could get a clear picture of who she was.

"Well, she asked me how I was doing and how everything was," he glanced up at me and smirked proudly. "She said I was smart."

I chuckled, "Of course she would, then what else?"

He shrugged, "not much..."

"When will you be seeing her? If you do, then can mommy come with you?"

He hummed in hesitation, "As much as I want to see her again, that would be impossible."

"How so?"

"That night, she told me it would be the last time we would see each other, if not then later in the future." Did she know that Jay would come forward and tell us the truth, or did she have a plan hidden in her sleeve? Thinking about her was just a massive headache! "Mommy, when is Daddy coming home?"

I snapped out of my train of thought and smiled at Hades, then wrapped my arms around him and pulled him close for an embrace, "I don't know, sweetie, but hopefully soon." I whispered and kissed the top of his head.

"Aw, isn't this cute," Sean cooed, standing in the doorway of the walk-in closet. "Hey, baby Hades," he said, wiggling his brows at Hades.

Hades groaned, "Why are you here, Beta Sean?"