Snowglobe (Mafuyu x Shizuku) - PJSK Oneshot

Start from the beginning

Asahina simply nodded, "Sure, It would be nice to catch up for a bit, I guess it's just easier to talk when we're actually hanging out."

Upon Shizuku's excited reaction, she could've sworn there was a hint of pink on her face. "Oh! Alright, I'll meet you then!"

Shizuku was always an easily excited person.

The bell rang, people scurrying off to their classes.

However, while Mafuyu was doing her work, her mind started to wander. A thought grew and grew.

She couldn't stop thinking about Shizuku.

For some reason, the way she effortlessly smiled, the way she tried to make the best in life made her heart light up like child's imagination when sparked.

It felt, odd.

Why was she getting distracted now? It was usually not that hard for her to focus, snap out of her silly daydreaming and go back to putting her time and dedication into something useful to her right now.

All she could think of was Shizuku.

Shizuku, Shizuku, Shizuku.

The thoughts wandered her mind, her pretty glances, how she gets focused during archery, the way she's so reliable and actively liked talking to Asahina,

Even the way she laughed at something so simple, or how easily her day lit up whenever something slightly good happened

..Was she jealous?

I didn't feel like that at all.

In fact, Mafuyu, liked seeing her enjoyment.

She wanted to do that, make her happy. Would that be enjoyable for her too?

It was a great distraction. So great in fact, she didn't even finish writing down her notes. All she wanted to think about was the way Shizuku made her feel something.

Whenever her appearance flashed in her mind, her stomach filled with butterflies and it made her heart beat.

"Mafuyu?"

"Mafuyu??"

The girl was suddenly interrupted, great, what could be this important --

"Are you okay? The bell already rang.."

Mafuyu's expression turned cold, an elicit sense of confusion coming from her lips. "Wh - Huh?"

She responded, "You looked so tired so I didn't want to bother you, what were you thinking about?"

An awkward pause came from Asahina as well as the anonymous student.

"Sorry, I have something to tend to." She tried her best to plaster on a smile.

"Wait but I-" The student was cut off, the door slamming as she walked out. "-Needed the notes.."

Right, she needed to snap out of it. It wasn't like her to feel so skittish about the situation, she needed to actually meet up with Shizuku after all.

Mafuyu sat in the courtyard, silently waiting as she drifted off in her thoughts again, the girl's pretty hair, her eyes, even the way she spoke.

"Asahina!"

Her silky voice rang through Mafuyu's ears, the snow falling on her scarf as she noticed the blurry sight of a pretty girl running up, she seemed to be running late.

"Shizuku? Are you alright?"

She was out of breath, heavily panting as she regained her stamina. "I'm sorry! I didn't want to be late so I rushed over here a bit early -- it turns out you were already here, do you wanna go now?"

Mafuyu nodded, as she scanned Shizuku's appearance, her face tensed up, a light pink shade covering her facial features.

When the two got to the place, it was a small cafe with hundreds of different foods to choose from.

Shizuku turned to Mafuyu, her hair swiftly moving. "What do you want to eat?"

She hummed in response, "I don't know.. You can pick for me."

The taller girl's eyes lit up, a nod came along with a short hum as she ordered two food items for the both of them. "Since you tagged along I'll pay for it alright?"

Mafuyu couldn't help but blush at her kindness, her personality that was as sweet as candy.

The food was dropped off at the counter, a savoury smell of two pork buns were in a bag, it looked appetizing. A soft shine on the freshly grilled dough, a slight crunch to it.

As they sat down, Shizuku took a picture really quick and posted it on her social media.

The two silently ate, giving awkward silent glances to each other. It wasn't usually like this when they went out, but the fact Mafuyu just couldn't stop thinking about Shizuku threw her off.

For once, in her life, her facade slowly fell as she noticed her pretty lips, her awkward smile, the way her eyes genuinely lit up after giving her a shy glance.

She even looked pretty when she was eating..

Of course, she had to ruin this moment of adoration, Asahina's lips pursed, she spoke softly in a quiet voice. "..I think I love you."

A soft pause occurred, Shizuku stunned at the sudden blurting.

Was it out of shock? Fear? Hatred even?

The silence was deafening, before a silent mumble whispered out. "I think I love you too."

🌸-  xxshadowstripexx I hope you enjoyed it! I don't think it was the best quality but I swear I tried, I didn't know how to work it out and this took way too long but still!!!

The next fanfic in progress : Conflict (Webber and Wendy) - Don't Starve Together