::Chapter One::

Chapter 1 - Day 1

----------------------

[5:00pm - Jabberwock Island_]

"Is it just me," Claire began as she and a few others walked through the island. "Or does this island seem, y'know, a little deserted?"

"Is it just me, or have you already said that before?" Rachel teased, nudging Claire's elbow. "Yeah, I actually think it's kinda weird. Like, it looks really clean, but it's really empty." The blonde nodded, running a finger over the glass of one of the buildings.

The small group consisted of Rachel, Claire, Sienna and Lucette, as well as Finn, Zac and Joel who had decided to tag along with them. They had already dropped their bags in their individual rooms of the also clean hotel grounds they were staying at.

"I'm more concerned about how Georgia is," Sienna said, looking through her phone. "And this lack of wifi." She added, slapping her phone against her palm. Rachel rolled her eyes and wrapped her arms around Claire again as they walked around.

"It is weird how she didn't wanna come out of her room," Claire commented, peering through the dark windows. "Though maybe she's just a little sick from all that travelling."

"But Georgia didn't get sick, remember?" Lucette piped up.

The four of them took a moment to think over it.

"I'm sure it's nothing," Rachel chuckled, looking though the same window Claire was looking through. "Hold the phone; is this an airport?" Upon hearing her outburst, the group of them all looked through the windows trying to see what Rachel was talking about.

"Is that a conveyer belt?" Zac questioned. "Holy cow, it's moving! Finn, mate, let's go inside."

"Alright then, mate," Finn agreed, rushing off with the other boy into the building. Lucette snickered.

"I forgot to tell them I already ate," she mused. "Get it? Get it?" Claire and Joel laughed whilst Sienna smiled fondly and Rachel glared at her.

"I'm gonna go inside," Rachel told the group. "Maybe we can ask a pilot to fly us down to the Resort Islands."

"Ooh, then I'll get everyone to come over," Sienna piped up, bouncing on her feet. "I'll be back!" Before anyone could have stopped her, she had disappeared down the road, her blonde ponytail swinging back and forth.

The other four decided to enter the airport, Joel poking Lucette's sides annoyingly whilst Rachel kept her around wrapped around Claire. As soon as they walked through the doors, the scent of rotting flesh infiltrated their noses, causing them to gag a little in disgust.

"Oh my god, what died in here?" Claire whined, pinching her nose. Inside the building, it looked completely normal, clean floors and dull lights but it smelled so putrid. She spotted Finn and Zac watching the items come out of the conveyer belt and walked over to them.

There were only three items being moved around on repeat; a green base with four pink flowers in it, a pink duffel bag and a wooden chair with a box wrapped in red and white paper sitting on it.

"What the hell?" Rachel said, approaching them.

"Should we grab the present?" Joel asked, joining them with a pouty Lucette. Zac shrugged.

"The conveyer belt's moving at bloody fifty kilometres an hour," he told them, motioning to how fast those three items were being moved around. "Finn tried grabbing the present but hit his hand on the wood." To prove a point, Finn showed them his knuckles that were turning slightly purple.