Unforgiven

Kattegat 

No one POV 

Freya sat next to Bjorn as King Horik had returned after his defeated by King Ecbert and Ragnar said " You'll have to forgive the poverty of the feast. It has been a hard winter. We had to burn our own grain stores to rid ourselves of Jarl Borg." 

Horik said "So I heard." 

Ragnar said "Tell us, Erlendur, what happened in England, after we left?" and Horik said "Ecbert never meant to honor his promises to you. We were betrayed, taken by surprise; it was a great slaughter. Erlendur and I barely escaped with our lives. " 

Henry said "What about Athelstan? Where is he now?" and Horik said "If he is fortunate, he died in battle. In any case, let's not speak of him. He was a worthless individual." 

Bjorn said "Poor Athelstan. My sisters and I grew to love him when we were children, I know you have grown close as well in that time, and I'm sorry Henry, I know he was like a father to you." 

Floki said "He fooled all of you, Bjron, Freya, He never denounced his Christian God! He was our enemy. We should rejoice at his death. And he is your enemy as well, we should hope he meets his end sooner rather than later." 

As he glared at Henry and Henry looked at him annoyed and Freya said "If you want to do that, you better be prepared to get stabbed." 

Ragnar said "So... What do you intend on doing now?" and Horik said " What do you think, Ragnar? I intend on gaining revenge on King Ecbert. We should plan a raid as soon as possible." 

Rollo said "I would be very happy to take part in it. King Ecbert should certainly be punished." 

Ragnar said "I agree. We should return to Wessex. But first, Jarl Borg must pay the price for what he did to my family and to our people." 

Porunn poured some water and dropped some and said "Forgive me, master." 

Ragnar said "No, it doesn't matter." 

Bjorn smiled at her and Horik said "I understand, completely, and if I were you, I would feel the same way. But we must remember our agreement and what it was for. We would sail west to raid and to colonize. That was your dream, Ragnar, and I have come to share it. But now we have neither the men nor the ships to realize our dreams." 

Bjorn said "What are you saying?" and Horik said "I think we should go back to Jarl Borg. He is licking his wounds. He is no longer as strong as he was. And, yet, we need him. We cannot go west without his ships. And so, once again, we should ask him to join our alliance." 

Aslaug said "Don't listen to him"and Freya said "I cannot believe I am saying this, and this will be the only time I say it, but I agree with Aslaug." 

Rollo said "But who should go to Jarl Borg?" and Horik said "I think it should be you Rollo. After all, you know him better than anyone. What do you think?". 

Later 

Freya and Henry were kissing and Freya said "Ignore them, they're just stuck in their ways" and Henry said "I think if anybody were to find out about this, it wouldn't go well for us." 

Freya said "Well, screw them, I don't need their permission" and Henry said"You have your father's." 

Freya smiled and they kept kissing and Freya grabbed his hand and said "Come on" and Henry said "Freya, what are you doing." 

Freya said "I am not going to let a bunch of old men tell me what to do, yes, I need my father's permission and since it looks like I have it, why must we hide?".