Dispossessed

At the Farm 

No one POV 

Freya was playing a game with Gyda and Gyda said "You know,Mother told you to not go up the tree, why don't you ever listen." 

Freya said "I listen" and Gyda said "When you agree, you never like rules, you treat them as suggestions." 

Freya shrugged her shoulders. 

Gyda smiled again and Freya smiled back. 

Gyda said "And I win" and Freya said "What? How" and Gyda said "Breaking the rules doesn't mean you'll always win." 

Freya gave her a look and she passed over the rock. 

Freya said "Put it in the cup" and Gyda said "You want to try it again, try to see if you can get it inside the cup." 

Freya said "Got it. Do we say what we wish for in the future" and Gyda said "Yes." 

Freya said "But how far?" and Gyda said "When your an adult." 

Freya said "Okay, that could be a lot of things, you know you like rules a lot, but your rules aren't specific." 

Gyda said "Just try it." 

Freya said "Okay, I wish that someday I could fall in love, or have kids" and Gyda said "Knowing you whoever you fall in love with, will hate rules too." 

On the ship 

Henry was sitting next to Athelstan and Athelstan said "We'll be alright, Okay, everything's going to be alright." 

Henry said "You said that before, others say that before my uncle tried to murder me" and Athelstan said "Shh, don't say that here, you don't want anyone to." 

Ragnar walked up and said "What is your name?" 

Athelstan said "Athelstan." 

Ragnar said "And your name is Henry, isn't it? I am Ragnar Lothbrok. What was that place called?
Lindisfarne." 

Henry said "England?" and Ragnar said "Yes." 

Athelstan said "It was foretold that divine punishment would fall upon God's chosen people for all our grievous sins, and so it has happened. And that is why I am here." 

Ragnar said " No. You are here because I spared your life." 

Henry said "Why did you spare our lives, why not just kill us" and Ragnar said "Your very brave, asking me this, considering anything could happen to you." 

Henry said "I'm not afraid of you." 

Ragnar said "Why's that" and Henry said "Anyone could kill me. So why did you not kill us, it would have been easier for you." 

Ragnar said "I don't know yet." 

At the Farm, Few Days Later

Freya was grabbing a few flowers and putting them together making a flower head band and Gyda said "Do you want to add some more." 

Freya said "Thank you. I'm going to try to add more flowers" and Gyda said "I think this one goes well there. You just need to tie it." 

Freya said "Like that" and Gyda said "Yes, and then move it that way." 

Ragnar walked up to them from behind and Gyda said "Do you want another flower" and Freya said "We need to add one more. They are over there." 

Ragnar pretended to sound like a chicken and they turned around and Gyda said "Father" and Freya said "They told us you'd come home."