Chapter Three

⑅ ♥̩̥̩♥̩̩̥͙♥̩͙ˊˎ

⑅ ♥̩̥̩♥̩̩̥͙♥̩͙ˊˎ

Taehyung was clicking at his phone.

He was waiting on the patio of a café with his book bag leaning against the leg of his chair. The sun was out, glaring against his screen that has Taehyung wishing the sun could mute itself for a moment so he could properly scroll through his phone in peace.

He squints down at his phone screen, blinking so his vision can adjust properly all the while his hair chooses to have a mind of its own, sliding down around his face. That alone was one of the main reasons why he didn't take notice of the person approaching where he sat until they were directly in front of him. They lean down, dipping their head to get a better view of Taehyung's face.

"Oh, so I was right." The guy comments as an expression of pleased affirmation coats his features.

Taehyung flinches, eyes flickering up and immediately back down again. His face pricks with unease upon noticing the sudden close proximity of this stranger. Taehyung hadn't really taken in the features of the guy, simply because his gaze quickly retreated back to focusing on his phone. All he noticed was the too-close view of brown eyes and dark strands of hair that was accompanied by, what he was assuming at this point, a smile.

Taehyung wasn't a friendly person. At least, that's what most people assume upon first impressions. He doesn't consider himself a particularly mean person, but considering he closes himself off for others to easily approach him, regardless of his surroundings, Taehyung understands their assumptions are justified. He prefers it that way. It makes conversation less likely, but it seems this stranger wasn't aware of any of this, causing Taehyung to brace for some kind of pleasantries to be exchanged—one-sided, of course.

"You see, my friend was telling me I was insane." The guys goes on to say despite Taehyung's gaze being trained downward.

Perhaps you are, if you think I care.

Taehyung pinches his lips shut, keeping the words carefully guarded behind his teeth. At this point, he had been idly clicking through various menu options on his phone for the sake of avoiding eye contact with the guy. His shoulders curl in while slightly leaning back. The air in front of him, occupied by this stranger, suddenly felt too warm and stagnant for his liking. The guy was close, staring with far too much interest at Taehyung's face. It makes Taehyung consider feigning some type of sudden onset of blindness, but that's far too dramatic for him to pull off successfully, so he braces himself for the guy to continue speaking.

"You see," he went on, obviously unperturbed by being ignored, "I told him that your eyes were definitely brown, but the kind of brown that looked impossibly warm."

Taehyung glances up for a split second and the stranger smiles at him, nice and bright and exceptionally broad, the happiness pulling his cheeks up into his eyes. It makes Taehyung want to scoot further back in his seat, but he can't.