13 || weird

Chloé's pov 

Flashback

Yesterday, me and Hugo didn't end up coming home early. We went to Starbucks and then some traffic problems so got to wait 3 hours. Then we stopped at ice cream shop.. so I got home 4 hours late. After that long day, I went straight to bed and watched 

✦  ✦  ✦

It's already 12 am. I woke up 30 minutes ago, time goes really fast nowadays. I am almost done with my skincare. After I was done I got dressed into my Chanel sweatshirt and sweatpants. 

It's my birthday today

I picked up my phone and saw 3 missed calls from Thilde 3 minutes ago? Damn, did Harry Styles actually reply to her dm on insta? Hmm

It took some time before she replied, it felt like calling my mom. It's like, she calls me, I miss her call, I call her and she doesn't answer. Ugh that pisses me off so bad sometimes. 

I was in my  deep thoughts until Thilde answered my call. "Chloe? Where have you gone huh?" I got some kind of jump scare. "Oh, hey girl" idk what to say honestly. "Why didn't you pick up? I called you like 3 times" she kind of screamed. "Damn girl, what happened?" I asked. I started to worry, I hope everything is okay tho. "THILDE WHAT HAPPENED?" I wasn't having the nerve to wait. I wasn't a person who had much patience, especially when I'm worried about something like this. I was about to speak again but she hung up... hmm weird. I'll just come over to her house to see if she's okay. I hope she didn't forget my birthday. I walked downstairs...

"Hey Alex? You there?" I shouted. No answer, wtf. He was here some minutes ago. "Alex?" I walked downstairs to find everything empty. "ALEX" I shouted again, this is so annoying.

"Yes" a voice spoke behind me. I turn behind to see Alex. I don't know what or why but I got the feeling that I wanted to hug him so bad.

I hugged him tightly. He hugged me back. I felt so safe in this moment. 

"Did anything happen sis?" He asked me as I felt his hand tapping my back slowly. "I got worried when you weren't here" I was also gonna ask him if he could follow me to Thilde's house to check on her because of the weird phone call earlier. 

"I was gonna ask you something actually" I broke the hug and looked at him. "What is it" he asked simply. "Can you follow me to Thilde's house?" I asked and was hoping for a yes. "Sure, but what happened?" He started walking to the front door where his jacket was hanging, he was about to take it. "I don't wanna walk alone, it's far" I watched him getting his jacket. "Of course" he said smiling. I smiled back and got my shoes. I didn't need a jacket since my sweatshirt is already very warm.

I opened the door and was about to get outside. "No jacket?" He asked as he looked at my outfit. I turned back looked at him. "No, this is already keeping me warm" I said with a little smile on my face. He smiled back. "As you say, don't blame me when you get sick" he said while getting outside. Ugh he sounds just like my mom. "Ugh Alex, please don't sound like mom" I said and playfully hit is shoulder. "Okay chill, don't hit me" he says laughing. 

✦  ✦  ✦

We were talking about random sibling things. I kind of missed this kind of talk with him. He is my safe place, no doubts. I could talk to him about anything and i knew he wouldn't make fun of me (if it's serious)

We were talking and Thilde's house was more & more visible as more we walked. "We are here" I said as I started to small run.

I went inside and saw thousands of posters, pictures of Taylor Swift. Even the TV played her music video. I rolled my eyes and looked back when I saw that Alex was gone. 

What the hell? I don't wanna spend my birthday searching for people. I signed and sat on the couch.

"Cause karma is the thunder, rattling your ground, karma's on your scent like a bounty hunter" I sang along to the song. I knew it by heart, I love Taylor. But that couldn't help to fade away my thoughts about Thilde and Alex. I decided to go search for them. 

I was going around the house in circles. Not because I was lost, I knew the house like it's my own. I just didn't know where else to go. Until the lights went dark.

Such a silence hit me. Not physically, it hit me mentally. The TV was still on. 

Should I leave?