Chapter Seventy Six - Daella

Start from the beginning

He holds my face, thumbs smoothing my cheeks before he kisses each one. He touches the necklace resting on my chest and smiles at me, kissing me once on the lips, pulling back quickly and I know he won't let things go any further.

"Come on dearest." He says shifting on the bed so that we can lie down. He wraps his arms around me and I rest my head in the crook of his shoulder, feeling the steady beat of his heart while I place my arm over his stomach.

I couldn't deny the words Dem had said still lingered in my mind and the threat of them changing and no longer wanting me terrified me. I had wanted tonight to be different, special, to take that final step with Aeris, in case I never got the chance again. But he had seen through it, he had sensed my fear, despite my assurances he knew I wasn't truly ready and I didn't know why.

I knew I loved him, I loved both of them, I wanted to be with them, in every way possible. I wanted to marry them and spend my life with them. So why did this one step, this one act seem so much more serious, more life changing then agreeing to marry them? Was it because we weren't married? Was it because my entire life I had been made to believe 'lying together' as my mother had called it was something only a husband and wife should do, that anything else was wrong? It was almost as if there was this little voice inside of me telling me anytime I felt ready, that I had wanted to do more, feel more, experience more, that it was wrong, that there was something missing.

"I know you are scared dearest, scared of what will happen, but you will be safe here in the palace. Demwyn has promised to keep you and the other chosen safe." Aeris says softly stirring me from my thoughts, his hand running up and down my arm.

"I'm not scared for myself, I'm scared for you and Alvaryn and all the others fighting with you. I have seen Arden's nightmares, I have lived them and I wouldn't wish it on anyone." I reply.

"Well his magic is useless against Alvaryn and as for me, he won't get close enough for his nightmares to do any damage. We have fought him and his people before and won, they have the human armies as well, but the humans are weak against fae soldiers. We are hoping to be able to change their minds and turn against Nievenyth and return to their homes before too many are lost. But as for Arden, he will be begging for a quick death once we get a hold of him, but he will be made to suffer for all he has done." He kisses my temple and I am left with images of Prince Arden, only he isn't begging for a quick death or screaming in pain, no he is smiling, smiling like he knows he has already won.

I wake some time later, it is darker, some of the lights had gone out and I feel something behind me.

I turn over, Aeris arms still around me as I find Alvaryn in the bed beside me.

"Sorry, did I wake you?" He whispers, reaching a hand out to cup my cheek.

"It's ok. Are you alright?" I ask.

"Fine, I was just with Demwyn." He answers and at the mention of Demwyn I feel my insides pull back at the memory of him speaking to me earlier today, at the look in his eyes.

"I know you two don't get along." He says quietly. "But I think once this war is over and done with and we are back that things will change, he will see that you aren't a threat, and there is nothing for him to be worried about and that we can all live here together as a family."

"That's very optimistic of you." I reply dryly, finding the idea of him accepting me and us all living together to be an impossible one.

"You just don't know Dem like I do. I know he seems a bit withdrawn and cold but he loves his family, his dislike of you is only because he doesn't know you and is worried you're trying to steal us away. Once we are married and settled then you will become family and I know things will be different." He smiles as his thumb traces my cheekbone.

I place my hand on his face and lean closer to him pressing my lips against his.

"I love you." I say softly against his mouth. I loved him for his optimism, of his vision for our future, no matter how hard it was for me to imagine I hoped it would come true.

"I love you too." He smiles, kissing me again.

"No making out while I'm trying to sleep please." Aeris mumbles behind me, shifting so he is pressed up against my back as his arm wraps around my waist.

Alvaryn and I smirk at each other before settling into the pillows.

Alvaryn takes my hand and kisses it, resting it between the two of us.

I had no idea how being married to two men would work. I didn't know how being intimate with both of them would work. I didn't know if we would all share a bed like we did now, or if we would each have our own? There were so many questions and unknowns but none of them mattered.

I didn't care how many beds we would have, or if we would have to create some kind of roster, all I knew is that I wanted them, both of them, and whatever came with that we would figure out together.