07.

SOPHIA

I'm extremely grateful that the lights in the club weren't bright. Otherwise everyone would've seen my flushed, red cheeks. I don't even know what happened or what I was pleading for.

Please.

The word replayed in my head, repeatedly until it felt like I was going insane. My friends and Xavier were on the dance floor, swaying their bodies to the rhythm of the music while I contemplated going home.

I could leave on my own because I wasn't drunk, I wasn't even tipsy. James sat across me, eyeing me with those dark eyes. My breathing was erratic, my heart beat unnaturally fast and my clit throbbed with need.

I crossed one leg over the other, releasing a slow unsteady breath. Nobody was in ear shot and the music was loud so we were free to speak about what just transpired without anyone overhearing us.

"Are we just going to pretend that didn't happen?" I focused my attention on him, watching his lips move as he spoke.

He was leaned all the way back in the chair with his legs spread. The pants he wore was tight around his muscular thighs. I slowly dragged my eyes up and down his frame.

"Yes." I answered, shifting in my seat. There was an ache in my core and I could feel how wet I was by that forbidden interaction. This wasn't happening to me.

"Go home with me." Time seemed to stop, we didn't break eye contact and the tension had risen tenfold. He wasn't even seated close to me but it felt like I was being suffocated by his presence alone.

I opened my mouth to respond but closed it, struggling to find the words. I shouldn't even have struggled in the first place, I should've said no immediately with zero hesitation.

"What?" He raised his hips slightly, making himself more comfortable in his seat. My eyes lingered on his crotch a little too long but I quickly averted my gaze.

"You heard me." His voice dripped with lust and sensuality. I shook my head, standing up from my seat and preparing to tell my friends I wasn't feeling well.

I didn't know if the liquor suddenly kicked in or if I was just overwhelmed by different emotions but for some reason I felt dizzy.

His eyes stayed glued to mine and the palm on his thigh twitched slightly. A few strands of hair fell over his left eye, the dimly lit space adding a depth of darkness to his rugged appearance.

"You're really fucking nuts." I didn't wait for him to respond and immediately walked towards the area where Jessica and Christina were dancing.

I squeezed through the crowd of people, trying to avoid being knocked over by one of them or squashed to death. When I finally reached them, they looked at me with concern on their faces.

They knew I disliked dancing and needed to be extremely wasted to join them on the dance floor.

Still I wondered why they were looking at me so strangely but my question was answered when James appeared from behind me. Passing by and leaving a lingering scent of his cologne. "I'm going to take Sophia home. She's feeling sick." He told them and my heart nearly dropped.

I knew they wouldn't question him and if I displayed signs of resistance they'd find it strange because why did he say I was sick in the first place.