01.

Sophia and Christina were at Jessica's apartment, patiently waiting for dinner. The trio of friends agreed on their duties for the night. Christina would help Jessica prep the food and Sophia was in charge of cleaning the kitchen after they had their meal.

"Soph, could you set the table please?" Jessica asked sweetly. Sophia nodded, locked her phone and placed the device into the back pocket of her beige cargo pants. "We'll need five plates."

"Five?" Christina and Sophia asked in unison, a look of confusion plastered on their faces. They weren't expecting extra guests.

Jessica chuckled, nodding her head. "Did I forget to mention that my uncle landed two nights ago. I haven't seen him in a couple of years so I invited him and his fiancé to dinner."

"Which uncle is this?" Sophia asked at the exact same time Christina asked "Fiancé?"

"It's James." Jess answered. "Apparently he met this woman named Catalina while working abroad and they got engaged a few months ago. She's here with him so I had to invite both of them, also nobody knows that he's back. He only told me so I figured it would be nice to have him over, I'm one hundred perfect sure the man was homesick."

"We don't even know this Catalina woman." Christina said, looking extremely skeptical. They kept their circle small, so any outsiders made them feel uncomfortable.

"Exactly, why couldn't you mention this to me before I drove here. Then I would've stayed home." Jessica pinched the bridge of her nose, side eyeing Sophia.

"Would you two relax. We'll get to know her and that's exactly why I didn't tell you." She glanced at Sophia, shaking her head disapprovingly.

Sophia was an introvert through and through. She preferred spending her days alone or with her inner circle that didn't consist of many people. It was only her two best friends and her older brother. The slightest disruption in that routine made the woman feel weird.

Jessica on the other hand was the complete opposite, the red head was an extrovert and loved socialising while Christina was a mixture of the two - so what their activities consisted of was solely dependent on her mood.

The friend group was the perfect balance which is why the always got along so well, even when they were disagreeing on something - it was never anything serious or detrimental towards their friendship.

Sophia rolled her eyes and in that moment the doorbell rang. "Can someone get the door." Jessica said, unfortunately Sophia was closest to it so she ended up doing it.

She placed the last plate on the dining table and then walked towards the front door. Upon opening it she was met with a beautiful, tall woman. She was most likely 5'8 or 5'9 as opposed to Sophia who 5'3. The woman had a caramel blonde bob with a slender yet curvy physique.

Her sundress with spaghetti straps ended mid thigh, exposing her tan skin. She resembled a model, everything on her looking absolutely perfect.

"Hey, I'm Catalina. It's so nice to meet you." She extended her left hand, the large diamond ring instantly catching Sophia's attention - sparkling under the lights in the hallway.

Sophia smiled, holding her arm out to shake the woman's hand. "I'm Sophia, it's lovely meeting you as well. Please come inside." She gestured for Catalina to enter and stepped aside, giving her space to enter the lavish apartment.

"Thank you so much. James will be up shortly, though I think he's having trouble with parking space." She frowned.

Catalina seemed nice and like someone they could easily get along with. "That's Jessica and Christina. As you can see, they're knee deep in preparing meals so forgive them for their lack of providing a warm welcome."