𝐢𝐢𝐢. assisting a healer.

જ⁀➴ 𝗰𝗮𝗲𝘀𝗮𝗿 𝗼𝗻 𝗮 𝘁𝘃 𝘀𝗰𝗿𝗲𝗲𝗻.
▬▬ 003. ACT ONE, CHAPTER THREE❝ Assisting A Healer ❞ .ᐟ
VALERIE !

❝ I Was A Teenage Abomination ❞

" so, tell me, what's the joy of giving / if you're never pleased? "

- ✸ CHAMPAGNE COAST, dev hynes

【 ꒰ ✶ ꒱ 】

"WELL, KIDS! DID YOU EVER IN YOUR LIVES THINK YOU'D SEE SOMETHING AS BREATHTAKING AS THIS?" EDA ASKED, ELBOWING LUZ AS THEY STARED AT THE GIANT TRASH SLUG IN FRONT OF THEM.

If she'd asked Valerie? No, she did not. Because she actually had standards, and by said standards, the scene was not breathtaking.

In fact, it was quite disgusting to look at. And smelly. And horrible. And revolting. Did she mention that it was smelly?

Valerie reached a hand up to her nose to plug it and block the repulsive smell out. Flies buzzed around the dead slug, which was surrounded by trash and muck. "Ew..." she muttered under her breath.

"This looks awesome!" Xavier said with a smile, at the same time Luz said while shaking her head, "I don't like this."

"Yes, it doesn't get much inspiring than the trash slug," Eda said, walking over to the trash slug as Xavier followed her. Xavier was much more enthusiastic to partake in this. He'd probably do all the work for Val if she asked him to. And offered a few bucks.

"It makes a home, a life from what others have thrown by the wayside," she continued, her expression growing solemn as she chucked a rubber chicken she pulled from the trash slug's mouth. "Until, blam! It gets blasted by a wave one day and croaks from all the salt!"

She then pulled out two pickaxes, tossing one to Xavier, who caught it. "And then we get to sell the stuff it ate," he finished, offering the pickaxe to Val and Luz.

"Please don't make us," the two of them said at the same time.

"Aw, come on, Luz and Val," King said, walking away and unfurling a towel. "It's not everyday you get to go to the dump and pick apart a garbage carcass."

"Ah, nuts to you three," Eda said, swinging the pickaxe at the trash slug. "At least the Almeida gets me."

Xavier swung the pickaxe at the slug, making a loud crashing noise.