128 - A Light Place

Author's note: I struggled. Lord knows I struggled. I try my best to research for my story, I really do, I wanna be a good writer for the fandom. But this was a first, I couldn't find what I was looking for, I kept mixing things up and not realizing when I searched for the wrong thing. Ugh, so I'm just going to take what I do know and just wing it. I... I can't. I'm doing what I did with the daycare, making my own version... kinda... in this case. Ugh... have fun reading this and the next chapter. My head hurts.

I stayed on guard only for a few minutes. The most I heard was a few birds above. Nothing too alarming. Once the other two started stirring I was immediately at their sides. First, I tended to Lust since he wasn't used to doing things like this like Swap probably was. 

"Hey, come on Lust. Nice and easy. Sit up." I helped Lust sit up and gave he a quick look over. He was fine.

"Ugh, my head. Where are we?" He placed a hand to his skull blinking to clear his vision. 

"No idea, that's the fun part," I said before assisting Swap in the same way. He was quick to recover and get to his feet with one hand on his hip and another above his eyes shielding them the rays that reached us.

"Ah, we made it to... um to..." he trailed off and looked towards me for an answer. I could only shrug and he returned to his previous pose.

"...a new location! Seems nice. Lots of green, in this area anyways. Oh, let me help," he said noticing Lust before getting on the other side of him. We helped the sassy skeleton to his feet and Swap took a few steps away to look around once he saw that I had Lust steady.

"Thank you dears, I feel so cared for," He said in his usual tone.

"I can drop you."

"You wont," Lust said with a smirk and I stared at him a second before letting go. I caught him again before he could fall and I smirked since he panicked a bit. 

"How cruel."

"Aww, thank you." I said before making sure he was actually good to stand without help. We approached Swap before walking together on a worn out path.

The area we were in looked like a woods with tall trees reaching to the skies and sunlight filtering through branches and leaves, leaving warm spots scattered on the floor moving at the slightest disturbance like a breeze. It was rather peaceful. As we walked up an incline the trees were thinning out shining more light down to the earthy grounds. At the top we were greeted to the view of an open field full of wild flowers and tall grass. The breeze blowing through gave a nice effect. There were a few hills, some large rocks, and the faded path seem to stick with the lower levels of the environment.

"Woah, this place looks nice! Let's go!" Swap leaped forwards only for me to quickly reach forward and grab the clothing behind his neck.

"Ack! Error!" He sounded like he choked and I quickly eased up.

"Whoops, sorry but I can't let you go off like that. I'm not entirely sure that this place is safe. I have no idea what this place even is and I don't need you running into a trap or something." I was paranoid sure, but I had reason to be.

"Hmm, I suggest listening to Error. They've done this enough times to know what to do," Lust said as his gaze wandered the open space in front of us. Swap chuckled and rubbed the back of his neck.

"Oh right, my bad."

"You're fine Swap, just be careful," I said before letting him go. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary but it was better to be safe than sorry. I spotted a couple of butterflies fluttering by flowers and a few colorful birds would occasionally swoop around the field before going up to a branch.