Chapter 8: Porty Crasher!

________________________________________

Throughout the past few days, MK had been using his clones to do nearly everything- and what with each clone needing him to rip out a chunk of hair, he very quickly gained a bald spot. No one but me really seemed to notice, but I was and am pretty worried. Hopefully the rest of the duplication episode is soon so I can stop feeling so bad for poor MK.

On a brighter note, Macaque- or well, I guess I should get into the habit of calling him Shadow so I don't slip up- Anyways, Shadow has been following me around and chilling, I think he's just spying on MK and using me as cover, but oh well! I wonder if- "It needs to be better. It needs to be /better/!" MK's voice suddenly broke through my thoughts. Looking up, my gaze landed on MK. Oh yeah, we were painting Sandy's boat for the five hundredth time or whatever, weren't we?

I opened my mouth to speak but cut myself off at the realization that MK looked completely deranged. He was painting some Mona Lisa level art on the boat and Sandy seemed rather concerned. "Uh- I think it's pretty good MK-" Sandy sweatdropped, causing MK to whip around and face him. "Pretty good? PRETTY GOOD!?" MK suddenly yelled. Wait- oh crap this is the part where the clones go haywire isn't it- Welp, we're screwed.

"THAT'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH!" MK said loudly, flailing around the paintbrushes he held. "YOU ASKED US TO HELP PAINT YOUR BOAT, AND THAT'S WHAT I'M GOING TO DO." MK spoke angrily and approached both me and Sandy menacingly. "I WON'T STOP UNTIL IT'S /PERFECT/!" MK continued to yell.

I heard a hiss echo from my shoulder, which caused my attention to snap towards none other then Shadow. "Not good timing bud-" I murmured, standing up off the ground and trying to sneak away from the deranged MK clone. Alas, that didn't work very well. "WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU'RE GOING!?" The clone yelled, his attention on me now. "Uh- to... get more... paint..?-" I lied through my teeth and gave a sheepish grin. "BE QUICK!" The clone yelled and turned back to Sandy.

Holy crap that worked- Hell yeah i'm a genius! I grabbed Shadow off my shoulder and into my arms so he wouldn't fall, then proceeded to back away a few more steps before bolting. Run run run run run- wait where am I even going- eh, doesn't matter, just find a place to hide damnit!

|An undisclosed amount of time later.|

Yeah, so uh- that plan didn't work. Shadow vanished(I assume via shadow portal?), Sandy is tied up, hanging from the ceiling by his torso, and I'm covered in paint and trying to annoy my way out of this despite also being tied up. "You used the wrong shade of green." I deadpanned. "IT IS CYAN!" The clone practically hissed. "FINE. JUST NEEDS /ONE/. /MORE/. /COAT/." The clone said in a threatening tone whilst approaching me and Sandy. "Your face needs one more coat." I remarked. "SHUT UP!" The clone flung paint at me, which I leaned away from to dodge.

"Missed a spot!" MK's voice rung out(the real MK I hope-). "WHAT!? WHERE!?" The clone looked around frantically before suddenly glowing golden and bursting into hair. Ew. MK stood behind where the clone once stood, holding his staff in a hero pose. I sighed in relief and managed to grab my dagger from off the floor and cut myself loose. "Hey MK! Mystic monkey business?" Sandy greeted in relief as I stood up.

"Yeah-" MK responded sheepishly. "How many of those things did you make MK?" I questioned, knowing it was going to be a lot. "Uh- I think that's the last one-" MK lied sheepishly. "Bullshit. You made more didn't you?" I deadpanned as I cut Sandy loose from his ropes and turned to MK. "Uh-" MK chuckled sheepishly. I sighed before speaking. "Come on, we're fixing this." I grabbed him by the wrist and began dragging him towards the anti-gravity arcade.

|An undisclosed amount of time later.|

MK dramatically burst through the door to the arcade, me close behind. "Alright party clone! Where is she?" MK demanded, presumably referring to Mei. "Oh-ho-ho! OG MK and [Name] in the house y'all!" The party clone(aka Porty) exclaimed. "I don't even know what that means!" MK failed his arms around for emphasis. "It means we are here, dummy." I deadpanned towards MK, at which he sweatdropped before continuing. "Where's Mei!?" MK demanded.