Chapter 3: Welp, Time to die!

________________________________________

Both me and MK were practically /yeeted/ back into the elevator by the staff- MK groaning and me trying to regain my balance. The staff once more extended, piercing through the floor of the elevator and rocketing it upwards. I hate to admit it but I definitely screamed like a little girl.

The second the elevator got back up MK grabbed me by the arm and dragged me into the noodle truck- I barely had time to buckle in before he sped off. And I didn't, safety is for nerds. I heard the ground crack behind us and I climbed onto the roof of the truck to get a better view, holding on to the sides as MK continued to speed away. I saw a large vehicle chasing us- must be Redboy.

I heard Redson yell towards us both as he gained on us. "ALRIGHT NEWDLE BOY AND NEWDLE PERSON, HAND IT OVER!" He must be talking about the staff, hell no I ain't doing that. I gave him the middle finger and stuck my tongue out at him. "NEVER!" I yelled back- mentally preparing for when things calmed down and I'd probably have a panic attack.

"I'm sorry valued customer, but you won't be getting your noodles." I heard MK speak sorrowfully before I saw a bowl of noodles fly out the window and land on Redson's windshield. Ouch, that's gonna be a pain to clean-

"FINE, HAVE IT YOUR WAY!" Redson yelled, his hair bursting into large flames that nearly engulfed his vehicle. At that moment I remembered the staff was about to extend and throw the car and us into the air ahead- and so I quickly ducked back inside and buckled in just in case. I was very correct, as the staff did exactly that, extending and throwing the noodle truck into the air. Which then landed on a rooftop- MK made no move to stop the truck and so it kept on driving over rooftops.

"WOULD YOU GET DOWN HERE SO I CAN KILL YOU?!" I heard Redson's voice ring out from below. "HELL NO-" I yelped back in response. The roof couldn't hold the noodle truck's weight any longer and collapsed in on itself- landing the car in some poor person's apartment. "SORRY!" MK apologized before the car drove through the lobby and out the door promptly. Now back on the road, MK glanced back and laughed nervously before looking forward again. "I think we lost him!" MK spoke with nervous relief.

.

And then the car broke down completely.

"Oh, come on! Come on, come on old girl! You got this!" MK pleaded with the noodle truck in panic, trying to fix it by hitting it violently with the staff. "MK I don't think that's gonna work–" I spoke with skepticism, but then again, this is Lego. "Ohhh don't do this to me! Awh man Pigsy's gonna kill me!" MK murmured under his breath, distraught.

Suddenly a cackle cut through the panic- Redson's vehicle approaching rapidly. I leapt out of the noodle truck and tried my best to remember which way MK went in the actual episode, so I could grab the hoverboard. I ran towards where I remembered and thanked whatever gods existed in this world for my correct guess. "Hey sorry need to borrow this it's an emergency thanks bye!-" I spoke hurriedly before shoving the guy off the hoverboard and hopping on it myself, somehow I was able to pilot it back towards MK.

I grabbed MK and pulled him onto the hoverboard with me, before speeding off. Redson was close behind. "I'M COMING TO GET YOU NEWDLE BOY AND NEWDLE PERSON!" Redson declared menacingly as I piloted the hoverboard through alleyways. Redson's car must have gotten stuck as I no longer heard him- yet I wasn't about to take a risk and check. "See ya!" MK spoke and laughed with a grin, relieved as he glanced back at Redson.

Yet soon we were once again tailed by him- who was now on a motorcycle. "WHERE IN GOD'S GREEN EARTH DID YOU GET THAT SHIT?!" I yelled, agitated by his persistence as I kept trying to out speed him. "What, you think I'd drive anything without at least one complex transformation?" Redson spoke snarkily and held up a Lego building manual. "THAT WAS A RHETORICAL QUESTION YA FUCKER!" I yelled back before speeding up on the hoverboard- MK holding onto me for dear life. Being the terrible driver I am, I ended up driving off a dead end signed cliff. Oops.

A flash of green draconic energy bolted towards me and MK- the dragon quickly shifting in appearance to a masked female on a motorcycle. They grabbed MK's hand and pulled him onto the motorcycle behind her, nodding at me. Quickly getting the hint, I hopped off the hoverboard and grabbed a hold of the motorcycle, managing to keep my grip on it as I heard Redson yelled in agitation. "YOU'VE GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!"

The masked female drove the motorcycle away skillfully, until stopping when MK had fallen off. The motorcycling gear and helmet vanished off the female in a green energy, revealing the Dragon Horse Girl herself, Mei.

She pulled out her phone and took a selfie. "Nailed it!" She exclaimed with a grin- MK quickly interrupting. "Mei!" He spoke with relief as Mei pulled him off the ground and I casually got off the back of the motorcycle and caught my breath.

"That was an intense game of tag! You guys looked like you were having so much fun, I wanted to join in too!" Mei spoke cheerfully- MK trying to explain the situation to her. "Actually we almost died back there-" MK sweat dropped. "But 'cha didn't! So let's celebrate with a round of Monkey Mech! You should invite your new edgy friend too! Oh oh, and your new buddy over here!" Mei continued excitedly, brushing off MK's expression. "Yeahhh- he was trying to kill me–" MK tried again to explain. "Well, in that case-" She pulled out her phone which displayed a red button. "Where does he live?" She spoke with a downright terrifying expression, only interrupted by Pigsy. "MK where are you ya punk!? And where's [Name]!?" Pigsy yelled. I assume he got my name from Tang, seeing as I never told him it.

"You mind telling me why some bozo left a 0 star review on Pigsy's noodles?!" Pigsy stomped over and held up his phone which displayed the review. "Oh- uh- yeah! So uh- here's what I think happened with that-" MK started, stuttering in slight terror at Pigsy's angry dad voice. "Woah! 0 stars? Congrats! That's better than nothing right?" Mei interrupted with a giggle. "That's not how it works Mei!" Pigsy scolded her. "And you-" He paused- noticing MK had vanished. "Where'd he go?!" Pigsy yelled in a mix of annoyance and confusion. "He's inside." I answered simply, walking inside of Pigsy's Noodles to witness the scene play out. "Mr. Tang!" MK yelped out as he ran over to Tang.

"Remember the story you told me this morning?! About the Demon Bull King?!" MK frantically searched for his book as he tried to speak to Tang. Finding his book, he grabbed it and held up the page. "The Demon Bull King, see!?" MK panicked as I sat down and watched Mei hold Pigsy back from attacking MK with a wooden spoon. "Yes, what about him?" Tang questioned through bites of noodles. "The Demon Bull King is back! The legend is real! The Monkey King's staff is removed from the mountain! We have to find him! It's the only way to save everyone before the world is destroyed!-" MK ranted on- only stopped by Tang shoving him away with his chopsticks. "Boy, relax. Your getting spit in my noodles. Besides, your delusional. It's just a story." Tang reasons with a sigh- MK responded by pulling out the staff. "Would you call /this/ delusional?!"

"Wow MK! You found a stick!" Mei praises, holding back a laugh. "No! It's Monkey King's staff!" MK tries again to explain- only for the three to burst out laughing. "He's not lying, y'know." I spoke up suddenly, gaining everyone's attention. "That fucking stick caused a shit ton of property damage." I stated as I leaned back in the stool I sat on. "[Name], you know you don't have to indulge him, right?" Tang deadpans.

"I'll prove it!" MK proclaimed suddenly. "Oh yeah, how?" Pigsy questions plainly. "Uh-" MK paused- cue the staff extending and breaking a table in half. Tang made a weird gibberish noise before speaking. "MONKEY KING'S STAFF! I KNEW IT ALL ALONG, THE LEGENDARY WEAPON ONLY HE COULD WIELD TO SEAL AWAY EVIL!" Tang exclaimed and held up MK's arm in a way it looked like he was the one holding the staff instead of MK. "Wait a minute- why do you have it?–" Tang suddenly questioned MK, letting go of his arm. "Alright, I'll bite. If the staff is here, then where is the demon punk now?" Pigsy interrupted with a sigh.

"He's at the shoe store." Mei stated casually while scrolling through her phone. A collective "what?" Came from the three others as they moved to see. "This had better not be another one of your puppy videos Mei!" Pigsy warns. "There's always time for a puppy video!" Mei says with a laugh in response. "But no, look what just started trending." Her tone changed to slightly more serious. "#DemonBullKing!" She proclaimed as her screen showed multiple posts of DBK and Redson in a shoe store. In one of which, they were wearing what looked like rip off Yeezys. "PFT– that's amazing." I bit my cheek to keep from laughing too much.

________________________________________

Get ready for Monkey King to appear in the next chapter, dear readers. Enjoy!