Chapter 18 : Suicidal Incident

Knock Knock

Knock Knock ...

*Footsteps

"Yes? Sunghoon you? " Saying i open the door, and the door opens revealing two cops waiting outside of it.

" How can I help you? " I ask them . " You are miss Siyeon, right? " One of the cops ask me with one of his brows raising. " Perdon?! Yes- But why?! "

"You'll find it soon after we reach the station"

"Su- Sunghoon?!!!! Were you dragged here too?!! " He nods " What is their- " " Ahem! " A police officer suddenly cuts me off as i look at him and recognize him at first glance

It's him! The officer i met last time! " Sir-?!! What's wrong?!! Why were we dragged here all of sudden?!! " I exclaim at the officer

"Why are you all terrified then? " The police officer questions me back.

I look at him with blankly out of words . I was totally speechless
" Hmm?! I'm asking, why are you so terrified? Like an mice who just got caught red handed by a cat? "

He keeps questioning me by coming closer and closer until Sunghoon suddenly comes and fills the gap between me and the officer.

" Can you please explain? " Sunghoon asks..The officer glares at him for a second

The officer glares at him for a second

" Mr.K was founded dead the morning before yesterday "

My hand flew to my mouth, muffling an involuntary gasp . I find Sunghoon's eyes widening in disbelief, as if a sudden jolt of electricity had coursed through his veins leaving him momentarily stunned.

Sunghoon's POV

" Suicidal Incident " The police officer says glaring at Siyeon who was already stunned by his statement. " K... But why?!! Why would he do some terrible act?!!!" She mumbles playing with her hands as the police officer says " We don't know? That's why we're here trying to collect the reason. "

" But why us?! We just got to know it! We are innocent! " I exclaim at the officer as he smirks and replies me back saying " I don't remember asking... Are you two really innocent? " I scoff at him as i stand, not being to control myself i grab the officer's collar.

" Whatever you have to know just ask and let us go! We're not here to kid around ! " I mumble at him arrogantly who had a smirk of interest and curiosity on his face revealing.

" I'm neither.. " saying he undo's my hand from his collar and makes me sit on my sit. " So here you can see the last person Mr.K contacted was you Miss Siyeon. And about Mr.Park , he was never in good terms with Mr.K , right? Aren't i ?! "

" Yes you are " i told him.. Siyeon was completely in shock who couldn't spill any word from her mouth. " Let's start with Miss Siyeon then , shall we? " The officer smirked as Siyeon got terrified at his glare

" So what conversation did Miss Siyeon had with him let's dive into that, shall we? " The officer kept his eyes on contact with Siyeon who was still on a terrified state.

" Tell him " saying i put my hand on Siyeon's " Tell him Si " " Tell him what he said to us that day. "  " Us? " The officer asks forrowing his eye brows in confusion.

"I was there with her on the call too " he looks at me with a wide devilish smile " Oh really?! The storyline is getting interesting but before we dive into it, let's hear about you two's relationship , shall we? "

Hearing his question Siyeon looks at me nervously and i smile telling her to relax. " We're together " I told the officer. " Oh My! So damn interesting keep going keep going "

I look at Siyeon again with a smile still intertwining our hands. I nod my head as a sign for her to start and she bravely starts it .

" That day... K called me earlier in the morning. I was still laying on the bed that time. As there was trouble between us not too long ago, i felt quite uneasy to receive the call but Sunghoon, he insisted to receive  the call so after some thinking i did.. The first thing he did was calling my name as i asked him why did he call me . In reply he said he just wanted to hear my voice, things were already quiet awkward between us but beside me Sunghoon there, it was the worst. His reply made me out of words and he laughed the silence off saying that i don't have to be uncomfortable with him . He also added that he wanted to listen to my voice for the last time and he heard it all which was already weird enough, but i brushed it off thinking maybe he's going to cut his ties with me. After that he asked me to pass the phone to Sunghoon which was shocking enough for us. Yes he knew about our mutual feelings but him guessing that was  scarier. And then...Hoon i guess it would be better if you continue the next part "

I nod at her and continue what she has started " As siyeon passed me the phone i kept quiet, i was quite without saying any words. He read the silence and realized the phone was already on my hand. Then he started talking. He greeted me first and told me things like, to take care of Siyeon. To not make her sad . He told me to stay close by her side always. And to make her feel like the queen. Lastly he was weird. He said he'll never forget the memories of us but he must let things go and bid his goodbye . Saying that he ends the call... That's what happened. "

" Nothing else? " The officer asked me making me forrow my brows
" What more do you expect? " I question him back in disgust. He laughs it off saying " No I'm just too shocked to get to know the last talk of his life he had was with you two before commiting suicide and you two didn't even give it any damn. "

" For real? We were already in bad terms with him..And about the thing he did how could we even ever expect that from him? "

The officer smirked at me and said " Well well thank you for your cooperation. But the case is still being investigated. So I hope to meet again.. Very Soon~ "

"On your dreams! " I mutter at him angrily...

We were leaving the office when suddenly someone unknown in police uniform strikes a conversation with me.." Sir you looked so worked up there with officer Lee "

" Officer Lee? So that's what you call him? " I question him back . The officer grinds and says " Yes he's our officer Lee...Lee Jin Hyeok "
"You all seems to respect him so well " i ask the officer.

" Of course haha i guess you didn't like him at all. Actually he's a little stubborn and when it's something about case he's always like that. But his behavior towards you two were actually normal.. And it seemed like he enjoyed it quiet a lot haha 🤣 " He says

"So what you wanna say is that he was just playing with us?!!! " The officer burst out laughing without replying to my question. " For real?!! " I exclaim at the officer.

Suddenly Siyeon holds my sleeve and tells me to look behind. I looked behind and find the so called ' Officer Lee ' winking at me.
Like for real?!! It's a suicide case!!!!