8.

Paige's POV:

It's gameday. I get into the locker room and put my uniform on. We are wearing our throwback uniforms, which are my favorite. I really hope Skyler is in the crowd. The theme is Jersey night, and I really want her to wear my spare jersey, but I don't know if that seems weird or off. 

We all head out and sit on the bench waiting for the announcements. I finally spot her in the crowd, but she already has a jersey. So I get ready for them to announce my name.

"Starting, Number 5 Paige "Buckets" Bueckers". I run out, and do my little handshake. They announce Saylor next. She runs to the student section and kisses Skyler. Skyler then turns around and I see It's Saylor's jersey she's wearing.

I feel like my heart was just pulled through my chest. I thought we had a moment yesterday? Apparently not. The game starts. 

I am absolutely going off this game. I had 30 points before halftime. 

The game is almost over, I'm running down the court and go to run behind a screen, Saylor is coming up and runs into me, knocking me down. I feel a shooting pain on my knee, I can barely stand it.

"Time out, UCONN" the refs announce. Geno runs up to me and tries to get me to stand, which I can't do alone. They have to help me to the back room where the medical staff will look me over. I can't bear the pain on my knee. 

"For anyone wanting an update on Paige Bueckers, she suffered an ACL tear. She will be out for the rest of the season." The announcement makes my heart hurt. Sure, they told me to my face, but I didn't believe them. I mean, basketball is my life. I eat, sleep, and breathe it. How am I going to get by if I can't do the one thing I love most in this whole world.

Skyler's POV:

I hear the announcement and I know Paige is hurting. I don't know how to help. The game ends and Saylor runs up to me, spinning me and kissing me. Yeah, we happened. When the whole Paige situation happened, I didn't know how to feel. But with Saylor, everything feels like it should. I don't know how to explain it.

"You played so good baby" I say when she finally puts me down, "Thank you sweet girl" Saylor replies. 

I hear shuffling coming from the locker room, I look over and see Paige on crutches. She won't even look at me.

"Hey P, we're having a movie night at our dorm with the girls, wanna come?" Saylor says. "No, I'd rather go to our dorm." "Are you sure" Saylor pushes. "I said no poffenbarger." Paige snaps. " calm down, you don't have to be rude" Saylor says. 

Paige's POV:
Saylor just pissed me off. "Well maybe If you looked where you were fucking going, I'd be able to WALK to your dorm to watch the damn movie." I snap back. "That's not fair" Saylor says. "No, what isn't fair is loosing my whole damn season over someone who clearly has their head so far up her girlfriends ass that she knows what she's fucking thinking," I respond. 

Everyone goes quiet. I hobble out from the gym. 

"That wasn't fair, what you said to her" Skyler says as she follows me out. "You have no room to talk on this" I reply. "Paige, I know that you're angry, but don't take it out on Saylor." Skyler says. We hear someone inside, "I Think your girlfriend wants you" I reply. "Well maybe if you didn't have your head so far up your ass in the first place, you wouldn't have a reason to be Angry at Saylor" Skyler snorts before she walks away.

What is she talking about??

Authors note: Hey guys!!! I busted this chapter out the same day as chapter 7, and it will be posted while I'm at work! I hope you guys enjoy!!

S.S