5. Kicking & Screaming

I heard my parents pull into the driveway. My mind was on overdrive and I couldn't form words anymore. Eventually, dad busted through my door, scaring Ryan and I.

"Why didn't you tell me you were gay?" He asked. It felt like I was drowning.

"I-I, but -"

"He planned to. We've been talking about it." Ryan said. I looked over at him, tears in my eyes.

"Brendon, I knew something was up with you, but I wanted you to tell me, not Dallon or Ryan. I love you, son." He reached out and hugged me tightly. I started crying on his shoulder, happy that he accepts me. Then my mom came in.

"Honey," She ran over and hugged me too, "Why didn't you tell us earlier?" I decided not to answer and just enjoy the support I was getting.

"Bren, can I ask your parents something?" Ryan interrupted. I broke away from my parents and nodded.

"Can I move in?" He asked. I looked up at my parents to see what they thought. They only looked at eachother and shrugged.

"Yes you may, Ryan." My mom stepped in. He smiled and hugged her. My dad went to the other bedroom to clean it out for Ry. This is great! First my parents accept me for me, and now my best friend is moving in with me!

"Do you need to get anything from your house?" My mother asked. He simply nodded and stood up.

"I'll go with him." I said. My mom nodded and went to the bedroom my dad was in to help him out. Ryan and I got a few trash bags and headed over to his parent's house.

"So I guess your parents are splitting?" I asked.

"Yeah. My mom texted me and said that if I wanted to, I could just live with you. She knows I need both parent figures in my life and your family is perfect for me. She just wants me to be happy." He explained.

"You know I'm always here if you need me. My parents are too." I reassured him. He smiled and nodded. We eventually got to his house and opened the front door. I wish we didn't though.

"What are you fags doing here?" His dad slurred, obviously drunk off his ass.

"Ignore him." Ryan said. We went to go up the stairs, but Ryan was pulled down by his father.

"Let me go!" He was kicking and screaming.

"Shut up!" His dad growled. He threw Ryan on the floor and began attacking him, repeating the phrase, "It's all your fault."

"Okay enough! Get off of him!" I grabbed his dad by the shoulders and pushed him off of Ryan. He fell over next to Ryan, who was a sobbing mess. I pulled him up to his feet and let him go up to his room to get his things.

"You think you can stop me? You're nothing! He's nothing! He ruined my life!" He screamed.

"Actually, you ruined your life! I see why she left! You're just a fucking drunk with anger issues!" I yelled back.

"What did you say, faggot?" He seethed.

"You heard me." I replied. He came at me and pinned me to the wall. He punched me in the stomach and watched me double over in pain. He laughed as he kicked me in the chest and stomach. I went to get up, but he stepped on my side.

"Not so fast." He said. He pulled me back up amd threw me into the stairs, making me hit my head. Ryan must have heard what was happening, because he came running down the stairs, screaming. I got up, ignoring the pain, and grabbed my phone. I dialed 911 and reported what had happened. Enough is enough.

"You little bitch. Can't handle a little pain?" He asked maniacally.

"I can handle pain. Can you handle jail?" I asked. He flipped me off and went to grab his beer from the table.

"Do you have everything?" I asked Ryan. He nodded and pointed upstairs, "Put it all in my car. I'll stay here."

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"Yes, just go. The police will be here soon." I pushed him up the stairs and leaned against the wall. My head was pounding and my body ached, but I wasn't going to let him hurt Ryan. I watched the man closely and realized why he was drinking all the beer.

"Don't you even think about it." I warned him.

"What? If I'm going to go to jail, it might as well be for something good." He said. He took the last sip of his beer and broke the bottle.

"Don't move! Drop the bottle and put your hands up, now!" The police finally showed up. He put his hands up and dropped the bottle willingly. The officers handcuffed him and put him in the car. Then the paramedics came in and took me to the ambulance to check me.

"You have a concussion, but I think you're going to be fine. Go home and get some rest." The paramedic said. I nodded and walked over to my car. Ryan was sitting in the passenger seat, crying.

"Ry, it's okay. He's gone now." I said.

"I know it's just that you shouldn't have been the one to get hurt. He should've hurt me, not you." He whimpered.

"It's fine, Ry. I'm okay. You're okay. We can go home and forget what happened." I said. He nodded and leaned into the seat. I turned the keys and ignited the engine. I pulled out of the driveway and started down the street. Ryan was silent the whole ride home.

We got home five minutes later and put all his stuff in the house. Mom and dad had the whole room cleaned up and ready when we got there.

"Woah, what happened?!" My dad asked.

"Ryan's dad. He was going after Ryan and I didn't let him." I said. My dad was fuming.

"He hurt you and you just let it happen?" He asked, furious.

"I called the cops, dad. They put him in jail." I said. He seemed to relax.

"Do you need any medicine?" My mom asked. I nodded and asked for pain killers. She handed them to me, along with a glass of water.

"So, Ryan. How do you like your new room?" I asked when my parents left to go to bed.

"It's great. Thank you so much." He said. I was helping him unpack and settle in.

"Don't mention it." I replied. We continued to unpack until we had everything in it's correct place. We hung up clothes and decorated his walls until we were finished entirely.

"Well it's 1:43 and I'm not even tired." He said.

"Do you want to chill out?" I asked, completely forgetting about my concussion.

"Sure." He sat down on his bed and grabbed his phone. When he unlocked his phone, his demeanor changed.

"Check your phone." He ordered. I didn't ask questions. I grabbed my phone from my back pocket and unlocked it. I had at least 50 messages from different people, but one stood out the most.

Dall- Surprise! Now everyone knows your secret! You deserve all the shit you get after this!

I looked at all the messages and started to cry. They all revolved around the word faggot and a few people told me to kill myself. They told me to kill myself. I started to tear up, not really knowing what to say. People want me dead and gone. Ryan got up and hugged me. He rubbed my back soothingly, but nothing could calm me down.

"Everyone wants me dead. They rather see me dead than with another man." I whispered.

"I don't want you dead. Don't let the stupid blind assholes at school get to you." He said. I nodded and didn't say anything else. Everything is going to get worse. I decided that sleep was best at this point.

"Ry, I'm just going to go to bed." I said. He let me go and told me goodnight before I walked over to my room. I shut my door slowly and leaned against it. The tears began to fall and my breathing picked up. Of course I have a panic attack now. I slowly got my breathing back to normal and calmed myself down. I yawned as my panic attack came to an end. I'm always tired after them and it's perfect timing. I rather sleep for the rest of my life than be awake and aware of the people that hate me for something I can't change.

Baby, We're A Hurricane (Brallon)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें