Friend or foe?

You planned to make sure this date went well. You didn't want to see Doflamingo mad at all, just him smiling. As you ate the food he held you tightly under his coat. He was watching people walk by the flowers and of course, he glanced back at you while you ate. You were a bit mad that he didn't get something for himself.

"You should have gotten something for yourself you know." You said a bit worried. You finished your food.

He laughed. "Y/N I am fine. I ate before you even woke up today." He said and roughed up your hair.

You smiled and leaned into him. It was getting late. You had slept through most of the day and then came on this date with Doflamingo so your day was gone, but that was fine as long as Doflamingo was happy. The sun was starting to set. The beautiful mix of oranges, reds, and pinks was stunning in the sky.

Doflamingo watched with a smile on his face. "It's beautiful..., but not as beautiful as you Y/N...You're far more prettier than a sunset." He said and then gave you a kiss.

You melted into that kiss and at his sweet words. He wasn't anything like the cruel and arrogant man most people knew right now. He was more of a calm lover that would get you your favorite snacks when you didn't feel good. He pulled away and broke the kiss.

"Thank you Doffy.." You said with a soft smile. He was the one for you. Why did you even date your ex-husband in the first place when he was there?

You both watched the sunset while leaning against each other. It was like a scene straight out of a romance story. "Hey Y/N.." Doflamingo said not looking away from the sky.

You looked up at him. "Yes, Doffy?" You asked while just admiring him.

"What did you like about the ring 'that thing' gave to you?" He asked quietly.

You froze. Why was he asking about that right now? You looked at the ground in thought. "Hmm...I told you I don't really care what the ring looks like.." You said softly.

Doflamingo then turned to you. "I know... but tell me just one thing that you did like about it." He said with a smile.

You looked down in thought. "Yes...there's one thing. It had me and my ex-husband's name engraved into it." You said with a small smile.

Doflamingo looked away in thought. He seemed to be thinking of something important because he was a bit fidgety. "Anything else?...maybe something that you wanted on it but didn't get?" He asked scratching the back of his head.

You looked at him confused as to why he wanted to know, but you shrugged your shoulders. "I guess... I always wanted a diamond on the ring. I didn't get one since my ex could afford one." You said as you looked back up at the sky and saw the stars were out, and there was no indication that a sunset was there a few minutes ago.

Doflamingos hand found yours and he held it tightly. "I think we should go back to the castle. It's getting rather late. Wouldn't you agree Y/N?" He asked and you saw a small glimpse of his eyes again. They were locked on you.

Your breath caught in your throat. You had seen his eyes once or twice, but they always made your breath catch in your throat. His eyes were sharp-looking. "Y-Yeah!" You said clearly too distracted by his eyes.

He chuckled, a deep but smooth one. He pulled you up by your hand and then started to lead you down the hill and back towards the castle. You had a feeling though that you were being watched, and you didn't know what was making you feel this way. Doflamingo looked so happy, and you didn't want to ruin it with your weird feelings.

You also wanted to know why he wanted to know about your old ring that he threw away. "So why did you want to know about my old ring?" You asked as he pulled you along.

"I was just curious." Doflamingo answered quickly almost too quickly. He was hiding something again. You sighed and followed him as we walked into the castle.

His crew mates greeted us with smiles and laughs. You missed this so much. You looked around and then saw Viola with that same look again. You got a bit nervous. "I'll be right back Doffy." You said and then walked over to Viola.

Doflamingo looked at you and smiled. "Okay." He said as he was trying to answer all of Baby 5's questions about you two.

"Umm...Hello Viola. I just wanted to know why you were staring at me like that.." You asked softly.

She looked at you and sighed. "You're way too good for him." She said with a frown.

You were taken aback. "Pardon?.." You said shocked that this woman just said that Doflamingo wasn't good enough for me. He was a god.

"You heard me. He's a sadistic, manipulative man. Why would you ever want him?" She said with concern.

You were still in shock at what you heard, but then you realized you had the perfect thing to say to get her shut up. "I know." You said simply. "And that's why I love him." You said and watched as she gasped.

"How can you stay in the same room with that man!? He's killed so many!" She said shocked. She took a step back.

"Viola...I helped him when he tried to take over Dressrosa. I have killed a lot myself." You said and then walked back to Doffy, leaving Viola stunned.

"I'm back." You said and Doflamingo smiled. He patted you on the head. You glanced back and saw Viola looking at you in disgust. Day one of meeting everyone from the crew and You already have an enemy.

"Y/N! We should pick you out some new clothes!" Baby 5 and Giolla said and then dragged you away again.

"What is up with me getting dragged so much lately!?" You said in your head.

_~