|Chapter 8|

"𝑰'𝒎 𝒃𝒂𝒅 𝒂𝒕 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒅𝒔, 𝑰 𝒉𝒐𝒑𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆 𝒈𝒐𝒐𝒅 𝒂𝒕 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒔. "
~~~

As the winter night descends, a sense of solitude envelops the air. The sky is adorned with a blanket of twinkling stars, like distant companions offering a glimmer of solace. The moon, a solitary figure, casts its pale glow upon the world below.

The cold wind whispers through the barren trees, echoing the emptiness within. The sound of silence is deafening, amplifying the feelings of isolation. Each breath hangs in the air, a visible reminder of the solitude that pervades the night.

The streets, usually bustling with life, now lie quiet and deserted. The soft crunch of footsteps on the ground is the only sound that breaks the stillness. The flickering streetlights cast long shadows, painting a picture of loneliness on the pavement.

In this wintry solitude, one can't help but long for warmth and connection. The distant laughter and muffled conversations from cozy homes only serve as a reminder of the absence of companionship. The longing for human touch and the comfort of another's presence becomes palpable.

Yet, amidst the loneliness, there is a certain beauty in the winter night. The crisp air invigorates the senses, and the sight of snowflakes gently falling from the sky brings a momentary respite from the solitude. The quietude allows for introspection and self-discovery as if the winter night offers a chance for inner growth.

Two souls, equally shattered and annihilated, lonely in their sides of the world subsist through the winter night.

Esha stood near her car, ready to leave for her house she stood just a minute longer to inhale a deep cold breath. She was late to head back to her house. Her house which was once a home. A home which carried warmth and coziness even in the winter evenings with her presence. Now that she was gone, it was a place where she and her father lived as they tried to sail through the journey of life relying on each other.

She opened the door of the car for the driver's seat when she noticed a figure standing in the garden. Due to the night fog and dim garden lights, it was hard to make out who the figure belonged to. It was a tall man, she could tell that.

But who?

Amidst the silent arena stood a chaotic heart. Sleep was far away. He doesn't even remember when was the last he slept for long hours without being tortured by the ruins of his memory. Maybe when his body lay unconscious for several hours on the hospital bed unaware of the grave loss. That's the last time his body slept.

"Stargazig was your favorite leisure. Whenever we watched the sky full of stars on our endeavors you would always hold my hand our fingers entwined. I hope now that you're among them, one of them you find peace up there love. I'm still mad at you for not holding my hand longer, we had so many dreams to fulfill together. But it can never surpass the love my heart holds for you. I think my heart has lost all its will to fall in love again, maybe all it recognizes about love is you! It can never recognize love in any other form.

All I want is for you to rest well and keep admiring me from up above. Our dream, or let's say more of your dream to see me become a man of high regard has been fulfilled, Trisha. But I'm not happy. I'm not at solace. I wish you could come back again and embrace me like you used to. Wrapping your arms around my neck, burying your face, and holding me close enough to let air pass through. But I know that is just a hypothesis. I lost you and look at my fate, I couldn't even say Goodbye!"

Vidyut turned toward his side, ready to leave the garden when his eyes fell on a distant figure. He knew it was almost midnight and an alone soul in the silent campus, standing near a car felt strange to him.