|𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 1|

"𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒂𝒚 𝑰 𝒎𝒆𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖, 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒈𝒊𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒐𝒇 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈."

---

"Vidyut..."

With a scream caught in his throat and sweat on his brow, he bolted upright in the bed after the terrifying nightmare.

He breathed heavily as he tried coming out of his daze, and shook his head vigorously.
Not again please!
The moment his eyes jolted open he knew he wouldn't remember anything that happened in his nightmare. Stretching his right arm, he turned on the lights of his bedroom. The bedroom illuminated with the warm toned lights revealing an exquisite bedroom coloured in shades of blue. The polished wooden flooring sparkled under the lights.
The furniture was minimalist and simple.

After few minutes his breathing slowed to normal, and he pulled himself out of bed. Half naked as he liked to sleep, he walked out, towards the kitchen and fetched a bottle of water from his refrigerator.

His throat had gone dry, so he chugged all the water in the bottle. Coming out of the kitchen towards his lavish living room, he slumped on the leather sofa. His relationship with nightmares was not recent. Four years and he still couldn't find a solution to deal with the night demons which made him a world famous insomniac.

He rested his elbows on his thighs and held his head between his hands, massaging his temples slowly to loosen up the nerves of his brain which seemed to burst anytime.

Fuck this headache!

He internally groaned as the massage did little to no impact on the pain.

"Another nightmare?"

Vidyut lifted his head hearing the voice of his younger brother who stood across him. The moonlight shining through the windows allowed some light to seep into the living room and even in the dim light, Vidyut could make out the concerned expression on his brother's face.

"Why are you awake? Go sleep," he said in a raspy voice, tilting his head behind resting it on the headrest of the sofa.

"Just one more day Bhai. Once we reach Dehradun I'm sure we'll find a solution... " Veer was cut in between by his elder brother's voice.

"Nothing and no one can find a solution for this. We've tried so many therapists before. What special is this one going to be?" he snapped.

Veer sighed and shook his head.
"Itni baar koshish ki hai to ek baar aur sahi Bhai."
[We've tried so many times Bhai, why not once more.]

Vidyut sucked in a long breath and gave Veer a slight nod.
"Fine. Now go and sleep. Unlike me you have the privilege to sleep so don't waste it in talking to me." Though unwillingy, Veer walked away aware that his brother needed to be left alone.

Vidyut also returned to his bedroom and slumped on his bed. Placing one hand below his head and the other on his pacing heart, he looked at the ceiling. "Dr. Esha Shrivastava..." he said with a sigh. "Let's see what kind of a miracle you can be?"

Sleep was far away from his radius so he did what was now an everyday ritual for him.

Read!

***

An hour's flight and an hour and a half driving later the Saxena brothers finally reached the Ropan Therapy Centre.

It was a huge campus located amidst the green hills of Dehradun which gave the scenic view of the valley. In the midst of the property stood a three-story British-style building with two huge pine trees surrounding the entry side. This was the main building. There was also another three storied building a few meters which were the leaving quarters for visiting patients as well as the therapists who had to recruit to Dehradun for work. Rest of the area was landscaped with flowering plants and bushes along with an oak tree at a secluded corner.